What is the origin of your username?

Feel free to post about anything here.
Lady_Simonie

Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:43 pm

Back when I was playing WoW, I made a holy priest and I wanted a name that could fit. While searching for cool names, I came accross Simonie (in french) which I liked very much. I had that name for more then 10 years and use it everywhere. It's pronounced See-mo-nee. On twitch, Simonie was taken and I didn't want to use numbers or other spelling so I added Lady_
CrashOverride

Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:38 pm

I seen mine in a movie once...
Mr_Pennywise_

Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:16 pm

i have had mine since i was 12 as i used to draw evil things at school, that and i love horror films
TheShadedOne

Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:50 am

I have transition lenses in my glasses. I would play baseball in school (so long ago now..) and it would always look like I was wearing shades. Shades became my nickname, but it is very difficult to get the nick shades in any internet sites, so I came up with TheShadedOne :D
bs03

Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:57 am

[QUOTE="that_crash_override, post: 39577, member: 11904"]I seen mine in a movie once...[/QUOTE]

I think most of us recognize Hackers.
Dangosango33

Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:46 am

[QUOTE="that_crash_override, post: 39577, member: 11904"]I seen mine in a movie once...[/QUOTE]
HACK THE PLANET!!! :D
jssenn

Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:02 pm

I have a couple... when I was about 11 I was doing a class research thingy for state history, and we got a Native American woman Akkisadael, she was held captive by Spaniards, raped, he people killed in front of her, and mutilated... she got free killed 11 of them and led her people to safety... Used that IGN for like 15 years... about 3 years ago I was on skype with a friend playing League... I went and took a shower in between queues, and when I got back he was screaming "YES, YES, YES, YES" and I was like, ok lets go... "I'm naked, but let's do this" my buddy responded with "You're playing naked?" and I said hell yes, he gifted me a card with enough Riot Points to change my IGN to ImPlayingNaked!!!! So there!
Vashalgrim

Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:02 pm

A combination of Vash the Stampede and Fulgrim. The first is from the anime Trigun the latter is from Warhammer 40k
Cromigon

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:08 am

Mine is a rather boring story, but it started with some internet game where you had a knight and fought other knights.
So I just came up with "Lord Cromigon" as a name for my character.
Then I just dropped the "Lord" part when I registered for more games and services, thus I took the name and have been using it all over the internet.

(Used to nick dark_lord_of_the_sith_323 back in the days, but that nick is both tiring to write and not that grown up. :P )
mrc_thesecond

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:35 pm

MrC_The second comes from my grandpa i was named after. My first name is the same as my grandpa's so i'm the second in that sence
LuckyNoS7evin

Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:28 am

For me it's easy, such a great film.
Quiet__Wolf

Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:28 pm

My original username, which I haven't used in years, is actually the long version of what became my IRL nickname. When that happened I decided to switch my online handle to something else, so I went looking for obscure words for "death" (I was in weird goth phase at the time) and then just added "Wolf" to the end of that because they're my favorite animal (sometimes I spell it Wolfe, like the author, because at one point I was considering legally changing my last name to that)

Yeah, not a real interesting story, but hey, most aren't.
HellbornNL

Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:27 am

[QUOTE="mrc_thesecond, post: 42766, member: 92228"]MrC_The second comes from my grandpa i was named after. My first name is the same as my grandpa's so i'm the second in that sence[/QUOTE]
im the third one with the same name but you wont be seeing me Jan_theThrird as a IGN :) cool story anyway!
HellbornNL

Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:33 am

so i played and still do play COD UO (1.1 version ) i played under some generic names but wanted my own handle. i was looking at pictures off gaskmask and thought.

i can work with that. i came up with GASk and rolled with that name for a few years. as off 2012 i started playing Leauge and i wanted a new name since gask sounded old.

i went looking for something with things like hell and anger and i changed my name to SGT. Anger (like ST anger the metallica album) i then joined twitch with anohter name since anger sounded to angry to me.

i went looking for some names and tought hell.... hellborn :) i stuck the NL part at it to make it more personal and not like the band Hellborn. i now have changed all my IGN to hellbornNL and you can find me everywhere if you just keep looking
thumperexc

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:35 am

I used to ride four stroke dirt bikes before they were cool, everybody had a two stroke. They called four strokes thumpers, since I was the only guy on a four stroke most the time, they called me Thumper. I bought a KTM 520EXC back in 2001 and added the EXC to my username since Thumper was always already used everywhere. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
WRFinger

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:55 am

My username is an amalgam. When I was pulling a little time, we played a table top rpg that was an amalgam of Traveller and Star Wars. When it came time to roll characters for new players, a random chart was created with first and last names. I rolled Red Finger. When we actually printed a composite rule book, I was credited as a play tester, W.R. Finger. William is my first name. The GM was a lifer and I got out in 2013 and Red Finger is still alive in the game, wreaking his unique brand of havoc across the galaxy.
Mathias23111

Sun May 14, 2017 3:34 pm

I started watching Justin.TV years ago, in particular channels that streamed Star Trek although I wasn't a registered member. There were regular viewers who chatted about the shows playing and other stuff, but there was also a lot of abusive content at times and people who cursed a lot. To ignore those users, you had to create an account. I chose the name of one of my friends who was a huge Star Trek fan, and since there were more "mathias's" I added some random numbers to the end of my user name. My name is actually Grisha.
RedDragonRob

Tue May 16, 2017 7:02 am

My very first social networking name was Jak O'the Shadows at a time when I was first discovering the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. Later as I got more into fantasy I toyed with Drizzt the Drowelf (original.. I know >.< ) but as I started to get into online gaming I figured that would be too much of a pain to try to pronounce let alone tell everyone without having to spell it out every time (for folks who have no clue to whom the famous character is within the Forgotten Realms setting). I've always had a love for fantasy and especially D&D since the 80s, and the first cover for the Dungeon & Dragon's manual that I saw featured a giant red dragon on it and thus.. combined with my name.. RedDragonRob. I pretty much use it universally now for every thing I do online.. and have even gone so far as to get custom plates for my car, rofl. RED DRGN :p

And no.. in this case Red Dragon has never been a reference for Hannibal Lector/Silence of the Lambs.
RagnarozSR

Tue May 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Back in vanilla WoW time, one of my friends had an account with a lvl 60 Shaman that he couldn't get into any decent guild because his English was not very good. So, he asked me to play with him and we started sharing the monthly subscription. I got the character into one of the top guilds on the server and played the game until WotLK even after my friend decided to stop shortly after BC came out. At the time, cable internet wasn't very widespread in my town so a whole bunch of us used to play in an internet cafe. Once raiding started, I was there pretty much every evening for at least 4-5h and everybody started calling me by the name of the Shaman I was playing, which was Ragnaroz(after the Molten Core boss) and I decided to stick with it even after I stopped playing WoW. SR is just something I add when the Ragnaroz name is taken(and it often is :( ) and it's an abbreviation of the country I'm from, Serbia.
bruceybanner

Wed May 17, 2017 9:39 am

Basically, I really like comic books. I'm a huge nerd, and tend to swap between several names depending on whatever game I am playing. BruceBanner is the one I've stuck with the most though, probably because it kinda fits me. I'm a physically imposing nerd that sometimes gets angry at stuff, and I've struggled a little bit with getting easily worked up in the past. Now I'm usually just a calm dude, so maybe I should change my name again ;)