What's the worst injury or sickness you've had?

Feel free to post about anything here.
MavenOfMisfortune

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:45 am

I dunno, every forum needs an oversharing topic. Right? ...right?

Anyway, what inspired this topic is the fact I'm having to deal with a minor version of my answer to the question right now. Kidney stones. Thankfully, I've yet to receive one requiring hospitalization, but I came close. One had me in active pain for almost 7 hours, even cutting through the narcotics. It was then my doctor realized that, despite being a total whiny-baby, I actually had an incredible pain tolerance.

So what about y'all? Any "fun" experiences you've overcome? :D
ticktock1231

Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:26 pm

When I was 10 I was really stupid and in one week rode my bike into a curb and fell on a thorn bush. Then a few days later was messing with a wooden swing and hit my head and split the skin a bit. Good times...yeah...how am I still alive?!
WadeDMcGinnis

Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:18 pm

Over my life span I have had twenty-nine surgeries. Because of this, I tend to look at life with a smile.
Morri0

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:55 am

For me it's a tie between broken wrist (don't scratch your back while riding a bike) with displacement and minor brain concussion.
zukie_sovereign

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:04 pm

When I was a kid I broke my left arm twice in six mounth
pal_me

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:45 am

Want pics?
Shepard_one

Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:38 pm

When I was 18 I passed out and Hit my chin on tile flooring, needed ten stitches and I couldn't sit without pillows (behind my back) for a week. The other maybe worst injury for me was when I was 28, I was baking something and the cats where at my feet when I pulled the baking sheet out, lost a hold of it and tired not let the kitties get burned, therefore my right forearm was catching the 400 degree baking sheet, nonetheless I ended up with second degree burns on my forearm.

Other than that, I never really had worst injuries, cuts mostly and therefore a lot of scars, some had stitches, other I let heal on their own......
MavenOfMisfortune

Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:37 pm

[QUOTE="pal_me, post: 37408, member: 942"]Want pics?[/QUOTE]
Don't see any reason why not! Unless it violates the rules of the forum, of course.
pal_me

Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:33 pm

[QUOTE="MavenOfMisfortune, post: 37436, member: 55411"]Don't see any reason why not! Unless it violates the rules of the forum, of course.[/QUOTE]
Its a little gross for some so I dont know. lol
Toilet_Water

Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:31 am

I stubbed my toe on the bed once.
TheSilverGinge

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:17 am

Last summer while camping I started having an upset tummy around midnight on a saturday night, then pain... then my stomach was distended like a balloon and i was getting sick and in 11/10 pain. So we thought an ambulance would be nice! So we had to drive for 20 minutes to get cell service to call an ambulance, an hour later they arrive. No. Pain. Meds. So they meet up with another ambulance, switch crews and they fire me up with morphine and I pass out. So then they drive 1.5hrs to the nearest hospital lights and sirens.

When they finally CT scan me at the hospital and figure out what was wrong they say I am to be prepped to go for surgery in 45 mins. Talk about service! So I call my parents 4 hours away and let them know what's up and to come hang out (and also wished my dad Happy Father's Day) and by 10am I was out of surgery!

Apparently I was born with a condition that caused me to have a non-rotation of the bowel (nicer word is intestine). I wasn't all connected on the insides to my stomach lining so a large portion of my intestine was sort of just hanging wherever and somehow twisted on itself and pinched everything off and I was dying from it! The head surgeon said the chance of going the last 29 years and zero symptoms was about 1 in 10 million. Yay me!

So anyways, they removed half of my large intestine and my appendix, fired about 20 staples in me from below my belly button up about 9 inches or so and a 2 day high fever, a wound infection and 11 days in the hospital later and I got to go home and play video games on the couch for 3 months while I was off work! I should mention because I had the wound infection they had to open up the top few staples and weren't allowed to seal it up again so it had to heal from the inside out on it's own essentially giving me a bullet hole the size of a loonie in my stomach for a few months where nurses had to come in every 2 days and pack it and treat it... needless to say it was freakin weird until it healed over... So here we are a year later and I'm ALIVE! Woo second shot!

That's my long-winded tale !
<3 DunfiusFett
SilverTheWolfDragon

Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:04 am

hmm, when i was younger i tripped and bit the entertainment center needing caps on all my baby teeth and when i was 19 or 20 i dropped a knife, went to catch it (stupid i know) slashed open my arm needing my first 3 stitches
TheSilverGinge

Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:53 am

[QUOTE="silver_the_wolf_dragon, post: 38203, member: 32303"]hmm, when i was younger i tripped and bit the entertainment center needing caps on all my baby teeth and when i was 19 or 20 i dropped a knife, went to catch it (stupid i know) slashed open my arm needing my first 3 stitches[/QUOTE]

Teeth injuries freak me out lol
I still imagine accidentally smashing my teeth on stairs if i trip while running up them even tho its never happened : $
<3 DunfiusFett
FuraiTHD

Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:05 am

Broken right wrist, left ankle, twisted my knee with some partly torn ligaments, only recently during handball training I've twisted my left ankle (the one that I've broken before). And many many other minor injuries. Kids, sport is healthy!
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."
Mhurgle

Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:15 pm

Had Mycoplasmia as a child, basically mold lungs, could've died of severe pneumonia.
Ate terrible-tasting super pencillin, healed but got microscopic scar-tissue within the lungs,
which makes me usually sick with a coarse cough during autumn / winter,
although having vacations in high humidity and saline air (Bulgaria by the Black Sea as an example) cures my ailment for the time being.
Can never smoke ( which is a good thing I suppose ).
Totally Not A Chaos God,
Definitely Not A Demon Lord,
Not Likely A Boogeyman,
Probably A Ghost.
PropitiationDannyb

Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:29 am

Well, it seems like life has always been tryna take me out somehow, I've had many injuries and close calls from the walks of life I've lived through. My worst though, and the one all of you are probably most curious about, seeing as my avatar is a one legged gingerbreadman was my motorcycle accident 3 years ago. My wife and I got married March 23rd 2013 and went on our honeymoon, it was great. We had a blast. We came back after a week there and 2 days after we got back she called me at work to meet up with her to do some things before going home. So I hopped on my motorcycle and headed off. I was coming along a long sweeping turn and I noticed as soon as I could see past the tree line a durango that was coming over the line into my lane.(She was high on heroin, nodding out behind the wheel) I took the white line but she kept coming. As the distance got shorter and shorter I jumped off my motorcycle but the truck clipped my whole left side taking my left leg clean off at the shin and busting my left arm almost to the point of being gone as well. The impact didnt knock me out, so as I flew threw the air, landed and slid in a ditch it propped me up enough to see my injury and allow me to take my leather cut off and tourniquet myself. Eventually the ambulance came, took me to the local hospital where I was airlifted to another hospital. There i had my leg cleaned and properly amputated below the knee, but my knee got an infection they thought was gonna kill me so they had to take it 5in above a couple days later. My left arm was next and they said they didn't know if I'd ever have full function of it or if I'd even get to keep it. While in there though they found key pieces of bone that allowed them, with the help of a lot of metal, to reconstruct my elbow and arm so I could get 60% use of it. Just enough to still play my guitar. Its been a long road to recovery, and I still struggle in a lot of ways, but in that time I found Twitch and the Cohhilition and its helped so much. My wife and I are doing well and now we have a 6m old son that we just cant get enough of. I know its Gods grace that allows me to still be kickin' and I'm very grateful to still be here for my family and with all of you. I'm sure there are those of you with injuries, or things in your life you feel hinder you, and I just wanna let you know that my door is always open to talk. If you take anything from this, know that you can make it, you can overcome and there is always someone there you can turn to when you're in need.