Thanks Cohh For The Inspiration!

Feel free to post about anything here.
MavenOfMisfortune

Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:02 am

Today marks one full year since I began streaming. If it wasn't for you and your stream, I'd never have gotten started.

14 months ago, I found a lot of things around me were beginning to disintegrate. Chronic depression was wearing away at my self-confidence, my thesis was turning out to be more than I could handle, the few social groups I had were draining away, and I had lost almost every one of my hobbies. I couldn't enjoy playing games anymore, and I spent almost all of my time trying to watch and enjoy other people's lives to escape my own. And there you were, enjoying life and still managing to talk and get to know a lot of your viewers. You were encouraging.

I'll admit, things aren't much better right now. I did get my master's degree; however, after nine months straight applying to jobs in and close to my field, I'm still not employed. I don't have any of the social groups I used to anymore, and chronic depression continues to drain my energy, mood, and life. But I have a small bubble now where I can have some semblance of self-confidence, a moment of enjoyment, and see a future for myself. Streaming may not have turned my life around, but it gives me something to hold on to. And for people like me, that makes all the difference.

I've started streaming with a regular schedule. I'm getting new art assets and looking towards obtaining a new overlay as well. I've joined communities and I've even been able to help out streamers smaller than me. I'm slowly improving my stream, and by extension I feel like I'm slowly improving myself. It's even given me enough energy to give life to a completely new project: creating a completely new pen and paper RPG system. I've got no plans to stop; these projects are my life, now. They're what I get up in the morning for.

I know I'm one voice in thousands, but thank you. You showed me what was possible and you encouraged me to just do it, to just get started, to make those steps forward. And that was when I was just a small name in a chat box and nothing else. I hope you don't undervalue what that means to people like me. Because it means the world. And I've another year to look forward to ahead of me.
Alysante

Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:17 am

/me flops on Maven <3
Those are great news. Congrats to your full year streaming. Even tho not everything went to the bright side I wish you the best of luck and all the good vibes you'll need on your path. \o/
darth_aina

Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:49 am

Hi Maven! Just wanted to say that you've done a great job by not letting you fall down a spiral of depression and negatives but instead found an escape of all the negative thoughts. It's not just Cohh who inspires others, you're story touched me too.
I feel you've been through (and maybe still going through) difficult times, but one way of escaping is looking for ways to distract your mind from it, and gaming is (as it is for me) one way to do it.

Also I find it great that you started streaming and it became a reason for you to get up in the morning. Just wanted to say I know how things are when life doens't look all that positive anymore, and it might be hard to fight back, but to me it sounds that gaming, streaming, Cohh and maybe other people as well prevented you from falling deeper down in your depression. And that is something to be very proud of!

I wish you all the best of luck in life! Also, congrats on your first full year of streaming. You just earned yourself a follower :)