Amazon Wishlist for Roen (Cohh & Laina's Baby)

Feel free to post about anything here.
Serotriptomine

Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:20 pm

I'm going to try and keep this concise. The purpose of this wishlist (and thread) is to compile a list of items & personal experiences intended to help CohhCarnage, Laina, or Roen in raising Roen. Examples include, Safety related items, education, entertainment, sleep, food safety, dietary ideas, childproofing your home, what not to do while your baby is in the house, when to never ever leave your child alone, etc. These are very important pieces of information to have in life.

Please keep in mind that while we are looking towards the community for assistance in this endeavor this is but a light-hearted gesture in improving CohhCarnage & Lainas upcoming Quality of Life to maintaining the stability of the stream and community that we've established over these last couple years.

A.k.a. it's easier to do that when everything working with you instead of against you.

The Wishlist is public here - https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wish ... JI1RKZQJB0
(Do NOT buy anything from this list with the intent of gifting to CohhCarnage, this is merely a compiled catalog of usefulness) [Gifting to CohhCarnage is NOT the purpose of this list]

Any posts that have items available on Amazon will be added by me personally as time permits, as I am solely responsible for upkeep. Truly, thank you to any people that may take the time to stop by and offer their $0.02.

[Around Feburary-May this thread and -all contents- will be consolidated by me and handed off to CohhCarnage & Laina in a hopefully physical copy.]

Have a great day, see you in stream.
Luna_Is_BestPrincess

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:50 pm

Some health/safety things:

- Baby Thermometer! You can still go for the old fashioned under tongue or rectal, however those are stressful for toddlers, especially if you want to check their temperature but don't want to disturb their sleep. The ear thermometer is becoming more commonplace to see. There's also ones that can just measure by pressing it against the forehead. Here's one of the top Amazon sellers with pretty consistent high reviews https://www.amazon.com/Medical-Forehead ... hermometer

- Electrical outlet covers and door stops. Electrical outlet covers are pretty much a must have for toddler safety, but you also need to consider access to areas which have harmful materials such as kitchen and bathroom cleaners. Keep these in cabinets or hard-to-reach areas. If in cabinets, use child-proof covers on the handles.

- Baby Monitor/Camera - Cohh baby cam with kitteh cam! On a serious note, baby monitors are cheap and, with technology today, you can go full out and even go for cameras to watch lil' Roen from a mobile device if you're in another part of the house.

- Baby Car Seats - Don't cheap out! Research well and find a well-reviewed seat. This one appears to be pretty decent and even has supporting reviews for how it's handled during accidents: https://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Grow- ... +Seat&th=1 . Look into your state laws when it comes to what ages a car seat must be rear-facing and at what age your child can start sitting at the front.

- Carrying bag - A godsend! Get a decent carrying bag or backpack to ensure you can carry anything you need around (spare diapers, wipes [always have wipes!] and formula especially).

- Honey - Do not feed a toddler honey. For toddlers under 1 year of age, there is a slight risk of infantile botulism by consuming honey.
Serotriptomine

Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:29 am

Great post! Added applicable links to the wishlist. Thank you for it!
kadalyst

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:35 pm

Laina already has one I think from when she was swaddling the kittens, but I can't highly recommend wraps enough as a way to carry the baby against your chest - the way they curve over your shoulder into your chest makes the baby relax and curl up against you and your heart beat is right next to them to soothe them. mine absolutely loved it and it can also be quite handy for feeding with a bit of privacy if you do breastfeeding.
Malta1565

Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:33 pm

Whenever my friends/family had their first baby I always got them booze. Not for the baby of course but for the new parents. It always seemed to be appreciated.
sinsemilliamama

Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:55 pm

The truth is, you'll never be prepared for everything. It is only when certain scenarios occur that you will figure out how to be better prepared for next time. Of course there are the obvious things, i.e. Outlet covers, cabinet locks, etc. A few things that came in handy when my little man was smaller were Mylicone drops for gas, an ear/forehead thermometer, infant Motrin and Tylenol, mesh baby feeders for teething (pop a cube of frozen breast milk or formula in that thing! Works wonders) boudreaux's butt paste diapers rash ointment (I now use only organic coconut oil and it is THE BEST but I made sure he wasn't allergic First), Huggies diapers because pampers will leak absorbency crystals EVERYWHERE and that is no fun to clean in the middle of the night, don't be afraid of the pacifier... the pacifier is your friend, boppy pillow is a MUST ( or something like it) makes tummy time and feedings SO much easier and far more comfortable for both parent and baby, lots and lots of swaddle blankets and burp cloths ( these came in handy when my son had pyloric stenosis... no fun), and a few handheld toys for sensory. The truth is, you don't need anything fancy or high tech. It's all about creating a system that works for your family. As your son grows, you will prepare and change as needed. Im typing all of this as my toddler cries and screams because our dog doesn't want to drink the water from her bowl. Haha. Enjoy the baby days... bask in it. It will be gone before you know it.
Vurisa

Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:22 pm

Child safety locks, also a good way to make sure the animals also cant get in the important places that need to stay animal hair free
Serotriptomine

Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:54 pm

Thank you guys for your continued comments here. Really is appreciated. cohhL
Serotriptomine

Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:52 am

Added to the list, thanks! :)