What do you do with your game disks when you're done with a game?

Feel free to post about anything here.
TheMathTeach3r

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:22 pm

I was recently cleaning out my basement when I found a box with a number of old PS1 / PS2 / XBox games in their cases that I've always kept. I don't know what to do with them as they won't get any sort of money since they're so old but I know I will rarely play these games again.

Should I donate to Goodwill so another person can hopefully find the same joy I did?

So what do you do with your game disks when you finish a game? Better yet, what does Cohh do with his?
Luna_Is_BestPrincess

Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:06 pm

I went through some of my newer games that I never play (DS and PS3) awhile back and sold those ones to Gamestop (surprisingly got some decent credit...)

For older games, it's hit and miss. If you have a niche game that still has some popularity, you may be better off selling them online or to a video game store that still sells older games. For the other games, you may as well donate to a place like Goodwill. Thanks to Youtubers, Goodwill video game/tech hunting has grown in popularity so you may make somebody's day.
Quiet__Wolf

Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Depends on how much I like the game. If I really like it I just keep it, otherwise I usually end up selling it or sometimes just giving it to a friend so they can enjoy it.

I don't buy many physical copies anymore, though. Like out of all my PS4 games I've only got 3 with physical copies.
HellbornNL

Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:33 pm

i got about all my old gamedisks left. and sometime if i have a down day ill just grab one out and start playing it again. WONDERFULL DAYS OFF rollercoaster tycoon and dumping people in the lake to drown them is great :)
Malta1565

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:25 am

I keep my old games. Sometimes to play again, sometimes for nostalgia.
Mathias23111

Mon May 15, 2017 2:39 pm

Sometimes I sell them if I really need some money, and only (of course) if it is a rare one. Otherwise, I keep most of my old games because I still have my older consoles.