Getting the most out of FFZ + FFZ-AP (FrankerFaceZ)

Feel free to post about anything here.
Brian

Sat May 27, 2017 11:38 am

Hey guys, I wanted to make a post about FFZ + FFZ-AP (hereafter just FFZ). Many of you know there is a current bug in BTTV with blacklisted words/phrases that unfortunately is not fixable due to the way it is coded at this time (For the web guys it's DOM watching now). Given that giveaways are a large part of this community I suggested to Cohh that he check out FFZ as a possible fix. Now this is not a post about which add on is better, they are both amazing, but rather how you can get the most from FFZ while watching Cohh.

First off you'll need to get FFZ which you can do here. I would strongly encourage you to not use both FFZ and BTTV at the same time. While you can do this, they do not play nicely together and you will lose a good deal of functionality in FFZ by using BTTV at the same, including the ability to blacklist keywords.

Once you have FFZ installed head over to the settings by clicking the little upside down FrankerZ in your chat box.

Select the cog wheel and head over to "Advanced"

Expand "Chat Filtering" and select "Banned Words"

In the popup that opens you can then add words like "!enter" or whatever else you'd like to remove from chat.

After doing this any of the words you've entered will now show up as *** so we need one more step to remove them entirely from chat. Still in "Chat Filtering" scroll down to find "Remove Messages with Banned Words" and select "Remove Message"

Next up we'll want to get our BTTV emotes back (we need our animated gifs afterall right?) In order to do that you'll need the FFZ-AP which you can get here. After installing that head back in to the FFZ settings and you'll now see a new section called "FFZ Add-on Pack". Here you can enable or disable BTTV emotes, gif emotes, and a few other things like Gamewisp integration.

Hopefully this post will help out those of you having trouble navigating the extensive settings menu in FFZ. If you have any questions about FFZ or FFZ-AP feel free to respond to this post and I'll do my best to answer them.

Good show!
Brian \o/
Gotta catch em all...
Kinzkopf

Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:58 am

Thanks for the tutorial :)
DanielLannister1408

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:52 am

GraviteeG

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:18 pm

YES! THANK YOU! added so much more to my CohhCarnage Channel experience . Enjoy the Show . :)
Crit_c

Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:02 pm

In bttv you could click on a username in chat and see what they've typed in chat within the scrollback limit. I don't see an option to enable this in ffz. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this currently in ffz or not?
gkjzhgffjh

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:06 am

[QUOTE="Crit_c, post: 47892, member: 62435"]In bttv you could click on a username in chat and see what they've typed in chat within the scrollback limit. I don't see an option to enable this in ffz. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this currently in ffz or not?[/QUOTE]
Moderation Card History is the option you're looking for I believe. It's a drop-down menu.
Dexta117

Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:00 am

Whenever I try to do the Add-on part to get the BTTV emotes it takes me to an unsecure website, is that meant to happen?
gkjzhgffjh

Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:01 pm

[QUOTE="Dexta117, post: 49382, member: 91403"]Whenever I try to do the Add-on part to get the BTTV emotes it takes me to an unsecure website, is that meant to happen?[/QUOTE]
Are you using this link? https://ffzap.download/#download
ffzap.lordmau5.com seems to be down/not in use anymore.
Hpcat

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:14 am

[QUOTE="Brian, post: 44559, member: 4566"][/QUOTE]

{{not sure if the quote will make you see this faster but im trying}}

My FFZ doesn't seem to be on the betta twitch, is it not supported? if not do you know how I can make twitch stop going to the Betta?
QueenOf All the Lurkers!
!hpcat
gkjzhgffjh

Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:28 am

[QUOTE="hpcat, post: 49879, member: 52"]My FFZ doesn't seem to be on the betta twitch, is it not supported? if not do you know how I can make twitch stop going to the Betta?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, FFZ doesn't work on the Beta.

To change you need to go to the top right and click on the small downward triangle next to your name and icon.
In the middle of the drop-down menu you should find a checkbox called Beta-Site, if you uncheck it, you'll be redirected.

Hpcat

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:48 pm

[QUOTE="gkjzhgffjh, post: 49883, member: 38856"]Yeah, FFZ doesn't work on the Beta.

To change you need to go to the top right and click on the small downward triangle next to your name and icon.
In the middle of the drop-down menu you should find a checkbox called Beta-Site, if you uncheck it, you'll be redirected.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for helping!
QueenOf All the Lurkers!
!hpcat
pejoluck

Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:45 pm

Hello guys, I installed FFZ and AP and as you see on picture in link I don't have chat option ... do you know why?

It's only bits and smilies option on the chat not FFZ Chat Options

https://ctrlv.cz/HroI
gkjzhgffjh

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:09 pm

[QUOTE="pejoluck, post: 51428, member: 114445"]Hello guys, I installed FFZ and AP and as you see on picture in link I don't have chat option ... do you know why?

It's only bits and smilies option on the chat not FFZ Chat Options

https://ctrlv.cz/HroI[/QUOTE]
The twitch beta became mandatory so sadly most of FFZs features need to be reworked.

There are two ways you can deal with that.
1) Use the legacy popout, basically the old chat which is still fully supported. You can do it by clicking on the cogwheel next to the chat box.
Like so [+] Show
2) Use the new FFZ by clicking on the dog face in the top right which opens the new FFZ menu which is missing most of its features. (or the FrankerfaceZ Control Center in the chat options)
Not recommended since most of the useful features are missing like custom highlighted and blacklisted keywords.
Like so [+] Show
FreddyOriginal

Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:45 am

[QUOTE="Brian, post: 44559, member: 4566"]In the popup that opens you can then add words like "!enter" or whatever else you'd like to remove from chat.[/QUOTE]
as a small addition, if you want your banned word to match the whole message, e.g. the word/command "!enter" but not a message containing it like "what does the !enter command do?" you can use the following pattern
  • regex:^WORD$
using the example above you would get
  • regex:^!enter$
If you don't know regex this is what every single part does:
  • regex: → tells FFZ that this line is a regex pattern
  • ^ → matches beginning of input
  • WORD → in this case, the exact word or phrase you want to match
  • $ → matches end of input
kagapeme

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:47 pm

Great tutorial, another tip if it hasn't been said if you don't see the ffz icon where the emotes icon is in the chat box, you can use the legacy pop out for chat and you can access the settings from there.
burlsol

Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:25 pm

[QUOTE="kagapeme, post: 51965, member: 10208"]Great tutorial, another tip if it hasn't been said if you don't see the ffz icon where the emotes icon is in the chat box, you can use the legacy pop out for chat and you can access the settings from there.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately even this seems to be no longer functioning and probably won't until they bring everything else back up to speed with the new site layout.

Blocked words still spam chat, just with the words being blocked, and it all only functions in the legacy popout.
Thief2K

Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:23 am

Just a question so FFZ is no longer working with removing blacklisted words?
BTTV is buggy last few days and I just wanted to change to FFZ since Cohh says it is so good, but now I am confused if it works or no? (In regular chat or in legacy pop out or both)

EDIT: After trying FFZ even with LEGACY POPUP it didn't remove messages from chat (any help?)
DragonHouse

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:32 am

Thank you for the help I use Google Chrome and have the new Twitch UI. I am working my way around the menus but it is very confusing.