Community support

Feel free to post about anything here.
OriginalBloodspiral

Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:42 am

I have a 13 year old son that has developed a stutter the last few years and finds it difficult to communicate to people, he has started making music to express himself and has put some stuff on soundcloud. I was hoping to forward the link to the community for everyone to enjoy and show their support. https://soundcloud.com/jadowmusic/sets/lightless-city
Good Vibes and thanks for the awesome community.
dylan_landry

Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:23 am

Hiyo OriginalBloodspiral, hardcore name. :cohhRage:

I just gave all his songs a listen. If you could tell him this for me, the music was fantastic. I'm no music producer, but I can only hear promise in his songs if he keeps at it. Each song had great moments and was unique.

I have per song comments. It started as praise but then I began to wonder how each song could improve after listening to them each a couple more times. Obviously these are just my opinions, I mean them all the best.
  1. Give: The retro melody seems totally new with the heavy drum kit, very catchy.
  2. Below: The repetitive and childish melody doesn't get old, and is even complemented, with the various background instruments that each sound like they could be made with household items.
  3. Jimmy's Quintuple Ressurection: The trumpet reminds me of Runescape (a famous old school computer game), then the low synth at 0:25 brings it into the future!
  4. Missing Computer: This song is somber, though it's supposed to be. I first think something more could be done with the second track that comes in, but then I think there shouldn't. The song is unique and I think chimes more to it's somber tones with just those two tracks.
  5. Apyr: The drum beat is awesome. The synth the song starts with carries it a long way, it's good, but could be developed later.
  6. Candy: The second melody that comes in at 0:24 is fantastic. It is a little jarring when the first melody stops around 0:55, it made such a big part of the song so far. Maybe improve that transition somehow?
  7. Immortal II Or sXve m3: The beginning rocks, especially right before 0:55. When everything comes together after that, it doesn't seem that interesting anymore. I've heard the sounds before, them coming together didn't make anything new really.
  8. the chilled session: I did not expect this ambient song coming. I only realized what I was listening two half way through, and I was impressed. This track in particular is easily up to par with other ambient stuff I've heard. Very well done and out of no where considering the previous tracks.
Below was my favorite song. I think it had to do with the childish melody mixing with the sounds that could have come from household items. Whether it was intentional or not, it melded together to be something great.

:cohhGG: Keep it up! Keep experimenting until you find your groove.