Good Recipes of Food

Feel free to post about anything here.
game_commander

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:37 pm

Alright, so as promised below are 2 recipes that I cook all the time because they're ridiculously easy and my kids love them so here goes:

Shit on a Shingle
1 lb ground beef
1/4 C unsalted butter
1/4 C All Purpose Flour
2C Milk
Salt
Black Pepper
Bread

Brown meat and drain. Set aside. Melt butter in pan, once melted add flour to make roux (doesn't need to be dark, but cook to flavor). Add milk and simmer over medium-low heat until thickened. Add salt, pepper, and meat to pan and cook until ingredients are well mixed. Toast bread and ladle gravy over toast. Enjoy.

Porcupine:

1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion (minced)
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste (I also add cayenne to mine)
1/2 Cup instant rice
1 can Tomato Sauce
1/2 Cup Water
2 Tbsp Worchestershire Sauce

Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix Ground beef, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and rice together and form into 12 meatballs. Brown at medium-high heat. While meatballs are browning pour tomato sauce, water, and worchestershire sauce into baking dish. Mix well. Add meatballs to sauce mixer, cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
jurikeh

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:46 am

All looks so delicious thanks for the ideas.
The_Worsti

Sun May 28, 2017 9:54 am

Here is my recipe for good salmon.
I am not gonna give amounts of how much salt or pepper you need / want, just taste and go with it. Always remember, you can add seasoning, but not take it out.

And i am not in any means a cook, i just managed to do this recipe by accident and it was loved by friends and family.

So...

Salmon with creamy onion and apple sauce served with mashed carrot and potatoes.

You will need:
Salmon
Onions
Apples
Pepper and salt
Prefer real cream, but you can use substitutes and low fat options
Cooking butter, or cooking oil
Carrots and potatoes

I'll start with the onion and apples. But i recommend you do it last for the dish.
This dish can be stored in fridge for one night, but it is not that good reheated.

Slice onions and apples in approximately same size chunks, or bites. Fist rule, if you use 1 onion, use 1 same sized apple, preferrably a slightly bigger. 2 of each should work well for 2 person meal.
Start by frying onions first on a pan. You can use oil, but i prefer butter.
When onions are starting to get some colour, add apple bits.Won't take long after this until both are done and have same looks.
Goal is to cook onions well and apple bits, so they feel the same.
When apples bits and onions are looking the same, you can lower temperature under the pan and add the cream.
At this point you just need to boil it together and make sure you don't burn, or let the cream burn. Goal is to boil it together. You can also add salt and grounded pepper at this point.
Let the onions and apples boil and just turn off the heat. But keep eye on them.

Salmon is easy. Just pop it in the oven and rub salt and pepper and what other spices you want on it. Or fry it on a pan if you like it more that way.

Same thing with mashed potatoes and carrots. You can use other vegetable too, like sweet potato.
Boil potatoes and carrots and when you have mashed them you have a good dish.

Hopefully this makes any sense when you try this.