Animes that you have watched and cohh should watch

Feel free to post about anything here.
Narzuul

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:50 pm

put the show and what you think was the best part about it and why cohh should watch it
Nivinya

Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:07 pm

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha - If you don't mind the young characters (for the first two seasons), the series has a great story and some amazing action, and girls shooting energy beams that'd make Gundams jealous. Combines magical fantasy and science fiction genres in some fairly unique and interesting ways. The first season is good, but the second season is IMO the best of the series, and the third season is very enjoyable as well and takes place after a time skip so you can see the characters as young adults rather than just as children. I'd recommend the series and not the movies as the movies are just a greatly condensed version of the main series, although the movies are worth watching if you enjoy the series.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Another non-typical magical girl anime. This one has less action than Nanoha, but a great story that'll make you never think of a magical girl anime and similar "happy" stories the same way again. If you watch this series, you must watch at least 3 full episodes to start to understand what makes this anime so special.

Slayers- This is a much older series, not counting the most recent seasons, but is a classic fantasy anime that is also quite funny and has some (mostly) really great stories. Slayers centers around a talented female teenage sorceress and her companion(s) as she gets roped into some pretty epic and/or crazy situations. I'd recommend watching the 5 series before watching the OVAs/movies, the first 3 seasons in particular are amazing for story, action, and comedy.
Soltanis

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:31 am

Grave of the Fireflies

One of the most powerful war films I have seen. High on my list of "must see" films, even for non-anime people
zachawrath

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:30 pm

I just started Magi on Hulu and on episode 5 and loving it so far but you have to make sure to watch the first one and you can tell the first from the second because one has one episode and the other has 25 which is the first one
Cruisette

Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:17 pm

Hajime no Ippo/Fighting Spirit - Boxing Anime. I've never been one for sporty animes, but this one really took the cake when I caught it on Toonami Aftermath. It's one that grows on you. The manga itself has been running since the late 80's and is now over 1000 chapters. The anime is just starting its third season right now! Great story. Deep feelings. Makes you look at boxing very differently. (Plus it has some legit boxing history!)
DrGenkidesho

Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:54 pm

Everyone should be ashamed that Akria is not this list until now.
I understand EVERYTHING!
Narzuul

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:42 pm

i hope you mean Akira dude lol
xiere

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:29 am

I'm relativly new and don't know if he and you guys already watched this:
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Epic fights and a simple but interesting story. The relation between the main character and his dad is a little strange and could get annoying,
but on the other side it makes the story so exciting. Best part are the EVAs and Angels in this anime.
Snerdly

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:19 pm

DrGenkidesho wrote:Everyone should be ashamed that Akira is not this list until now.

I saw a clip of Akira on MTV News when it came out in Japan back in the late 80s, and it changed my life! And if you like the movie, you gotta read the comic... the movie is just a little part of the whole story.

Aside from Akira, I think Cohh and Laina would like Mushishi. And get this... the live action Mushishi movie was directed by Katsuhiro Otomo!!! Anyhow, check out a preview clip at [media=youtube]NcoZHk3M3io[/media]. Cohh & Laina, if you wanna borrow the box set, lemme know.
Pr0t0

Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:50 am

Beck, if your an anime fan you have to watch Beck.

Oh and I've seen GTO and the manga is 10x better so don't bother with the anime.
Karamudark

Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:09 am

If you like SAO Check out a New anime Called Log Horizon kinda like SAO in the fact that the main Characters are stuck in an MMO looks like a good one in the making only 3 episodes out so far so you can catch up with it fairly easily
midnightive

Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:11 am

sekirei - i mean BOOBS but really it has a pretty good story line. But a lot of boobs... X3
Moon phase - A cute little anime! :D About a vampire who is stuck in a castle and she tries to make this guy her slave and he can't be turned and the fun happens!
xxx holic- An anime anime with a dodge title... O_o but it's all about superstition
chobits - A short but small cute anime! :)
Localbro

Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:21 am

Too anyone who hasn't seen this series yet, i highly recommend "Welcome to the NHK". This show is comedy, drama, and psychological. I can't find a trailer that gives this anime justice, so if you have time please enjoy!

[media=youtube]ZnlEiAKow9Y[/media]

Also a good side mention would be the new series Kyoukai no Kanata. It's animation is beautiful so far, and the story, and characters are also very enjoyable. Please enjoy guys. :P

[media=youtube]FlZXgTD7aKI[/media]
Kwallski

Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:28 am

Protectors Of Universe, Defenders of Space, Dracula: Sovereign of the Damned, and Frankenstein. Find these somewhere online or look for them in a store's bargain bin. These anime movies are so bad that I recommend a viewing.
x12a8x

Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Baccano is a pretty good one.
Metalhedgear

Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:08 pm

Legend of Crystania!!
selor007

Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:14 pm

Darker than Black
Another
Kuroko no Baske
Mirai Nikki
bakumatsu kikansetsu irohanihoheto
i can recommend These.
feuerroter Pfeil und Bogen
organic_ferret

Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:17 pm

Elfen Lied over all one of the better anime that I have seen it has a ok story and art style(not the best though it is still enjoyable) it has a lot of blood some nudity and some ideas that I will not post on the site that some people may not like but the way that it comes together makes it worth watching.