Animes that you have watched and cohh should watch

Feel free to post about anything here.
LupusCardinal

Thu May 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Spice and Wolf: The peddler Kraft Lawrence travels through the world selling all kinds of things. After visiting a village, he discovers a sleeping girl under the pelts in his cart. She has wolf ears and a tail. The wolf girl explains that she has been called a "god,"but that she is just Holo. The story follows their travels as he decides to accompany her further north, to return to her hometown in exchange for good luck and the wits of "Holo the WiseWolf", but life is never quite so simple.

Bakuman: by the authors of Death Note. Mashiro, an average 9th grade student but talented artist, and Takagi, an overall advanced 9th grader and aspiring writer. After great convincing, Takagi convinces Mashiro to join him in becoming the greatest mangakas Japan has ever seen. Takagi, with his gift of writing, hopes to become a successful mangaka, and Mashiro, with his gift of art, hopes to marry the girl of his dreams, Azuki Miho.

Monster: Dr. Kenzo Tenma is a renowned young brain surgeon. One night he has to chose whether to save the life of a young child or that of the town's mayor. Despite being pressured by his superiors to perform surgery on the mayor, his morals force him to perform the surgery on the young child, saving his life and forfeiting the mayor's. All of a sudden, Dr. Tenma's world is turned upside down by his decision leading to the loss of everything he previously had. A doctor is taught to believe that all life is equal; however, when a series of murders occur in the vicinity of Dr. Tenma, all of the evidence pointing to the young child who he saved.

Hataraku Maou-sama!: Devil King Sadao is only one step away from conquering the world when he is beaten by Hero Emilia and forced to drift to the other world: modern-day Tokyo. As "conquering the world" are the only skills the Devil King possesses—and are obviously unnecessary in his new situation—he must work at the local McDs to pay for his living expenses <<< because sometimes you need something just fun to watch :P

Battle Royale: (not an anime, it is actually a japanese movie, but you should really watch it Cohh :P ) --- Forty-two students, three days, one deserted Island: welcome to Battle Royale. A group of ninth-grade students from a Japanese high school have been forced by legislation to compete in a Battle Royale. The students are each given a bag with a randomly selected weapon and a few rations of food and water and sent off to kill each other in a no-holds-barred (with a few minor rules) game to the death, which means that the students have three days to kill each other until one survives--or they all die. -> [media=youtube]DfoNiIXTOgA[/media]
kiteku

Thu May 01, 2014 2:45 pm

Not sure what he's seen already.
Bakuman - An inspirational anime about following a dream. Every single episode gets you excited for the next.
Btooom! - Island survival game where the weapons are a variety of unique types of bombs.
Durarara!! - "This anime is... for lack of a better term, the most freaking amazing thing I've ever seen." Whoever this is, pretty much summed up the show.
Eureka Seven - One of the best mecha shows out there.
Koi Kaze - Only if you would like a serious and mature approach to a highly controversial topic. No comedy, no fanservice.
Mirai Nikki - Psychological anime full of mentally unstable characters trying to kill each other.
Welcome to the NHK! - Very good anime, but very depressing as well.
Wolf Children - Beautiful movie. Fantastic. Must watch by everyone, even those not into anime.
Steins;Gate - Amazing sci-fi anime dealing with time travel.
Suisei no Gargantia - Set in a distant future where the Earth is entirely flooded over, and the rest of the living human race live on fleets of ships.
Hobo1001

Fri May 16, 2014 2:30 pm

You should see a short amine called The Devil is a Part-Timer. only 13 episodes.
Scarras

Thu May 22, 2014 4:45 pm

Nichijou It's a really fun, over the top, slice of life that tricks you into thinking its nonsensical fun, but then BAM!

You're super connected to the characters.
AkaBadass

Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:04 pm

cowboy bebop is a grate anime, the location is the future 2017 where the solar system has been colonized thanks to these of phase difference space gates that allow fast travel, also a prototype gate damaged the earth and the moon. the protagonists are bounty hunters also known as "cowboys". The anime is accompanied by great music,plot and well designed characters. yes I wrote all of this :) just because I think the anime is great and it's a lot of fun to watch, there is even a film that is set in morocco (the country my parents where born) hope you enjoy it Image
AkaBadass

Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:07 pm

cowboy bebop is a grate anime, the location is the future 2017 where the solar system has been colonized thanks to these of phase difference space gates that allow fast travel, also a prototype gate damaged the earth and the moon. the protagonists are bounty hunters also known as "cowboys". The anime is accompanied by great music,plot and well designed characters. yes I wrote all of this :) just because I think the anime is great and it's a lot of fun to watch, there is even a film that is set in morocco (the country my parents where born) hope you enjoy it Image
Kiratze

Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Cowboy Bebop is a classic :) .

I highly recommend:

PsychoPass - A sci-fi suspense anime that is in the future where every civilian is under watch by a program called Sibyl which actively monitors people's mental state to determine the probability of someone committing a crime (This scan is called a Psycho-Pass). When the probability exceeds a certain amount law enforcement engages the person to apprehend or kill them. It follows Unit One, which is one of the law enforcement teams that does the apprehending/killing and uses latent criminals to help them.

Trigun - If you love action, comedy, and drama all rolled into a great package. This is for you! The whole anime evolves around a man named Vash The Stampede who has a bounty on his head for pretty much destroying a whole city. Problem is he doesn't remember it but over the course of the anime the "Plot thickens" as they say. My all time favorite anime.

Deadman Wonderland - This one's a bit more mature, but it has a lot of action. It's about a highschooler who's class gets murdered one day and he's framed as the person who did it. He's then sent to Deadman Wonderland. A prison/theme park where the criminals are the employees. It was set up by the city to make use of all the excess criminals and put them to work for the city. However, there is more to it then that as within the prison criminals are pitted against each other in brutal fights and let's just say they're not ordinary criminals ;) . The action is supernatural type stuff.
Sometimes I'll pop my head in to chat...
pyro1706

Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:03 am

Ok I made something with google doc that should help with a better view.

Adding new Animes

Viewing the current list with average rating
I didn't add the current ones as they would need your personal ratings and not just mine ;)
If you find something not working correctly I will try my best to fix it asap.
armytim2002

Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:32 pm

Try the anime Zero. Its about a school of magic in another realm and a boy from modern tokyo that gets sucked into it to become this loser magicians familiar. Pretty funny stuff
BW_saty

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:03 am

Last Exile

i liked this alot
matonster

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:04 am

Black Bullet (Ongoing)
Death Billiards (Short, award winning film)
Summer Wars (My all time favorite, Film)
Durarara!
Darker than Black (stay the hell away from season 2, i'm serious)
theoreticalogic

Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:38 am

im currently watching no game no life and black bullet they are both really good no game no life is set in a world where all conflict is decided by games black bullet is humanity vs huge insects and monsters
staltik

Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:35 am

Black Bullet, just saying Kappa
subwuf

Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:01 pm

Buddy Compelx
(Action, Mecha, Sci-Fi)

Black Bullet
(Action, Mystery, Cvi-Fi, Seinen)

Mekakucity Actors
(Comedy, Romance, Sci-Fi, Supernatural)
Alpha_141

Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:32 pm

Ahm, I'm gonna go with the following Animes:
Attack on Titan (Yes, I fluffing love this Anime, one of the BEST Anime NA!)
Sword Art Online (I want to be trapped in that game D:, well at least I wanna develope something like that^^)
Hellsing Ultimate OVA (Nazi-Vampires are awesome :D )
Mirai Nikki (Total massacre, let's kill everybody and go back in time to do it again? :D )
No Game no Life (haven't seen that one yet)
ElfenLied awesome Anime!
Winning is teaching, loosing is learning!
moo359

Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:55 am

watch school days :p
Noobpownin09

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:38 am

Blue exorsist- great story and memorable characters (hoping for season 2)

Saiyuki- traditional journey to the west story with nice colorful art style, theres not a single thing about the first series i dislike.
(all the series after though story is still there, characters, VA's, and animation is not)
zebracak3

Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:32 pm

Black Lagoon was pretty sweet too kinda short but I enjoyed it
haxi_demonz

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:52 am

If you like Comedy try these: Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts, ouran highschool host club, Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, MM! ... Try these then. All of these made me laugh at times in watching these.