Animes that you have watched and cohh should watch

Feel free to post about anything here.
TheIrishDragon

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:24 pm

Gangsta is a new anime, its only on episode 2
pcmn1331

Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:17 pm

With the new anime season starting, I highly recommend (limited to new series this season and all from Crunchyroll for now):

-G.A.T.E - Otaku guy just wants to buy his manga/anime/figures at a yearly event when monsters attack through a mysterious gate. Who knows what's on the other side, but despite his reluctance to do anything he gets sent through

-Monster Musume Everyday Live with Monster Girls - It is an ecchi, but it is funny. In this world the Japanese government had created a treaty with the monsters, or demi-humans as I believe they call them, that they had been hiding from the populace. They can now live with exchange families and experience the human world, but they cannot procreate with them. 3 years after the treaty is signed our protagonist has a government worker show up to his home with a Lamia and is told he is her exchange family (mistake on government person but she just DGAF about it). Lamia falls for him, hilarity ensues, and then becomes a harem anime from what I've seen. It's funny for how you see the "normal" humans reacting to the demi-humans and those who house them, but at the same time it is sad for how it shows how racist people are to them too.

-Ushio and Tora - This is one of my favorites so far. Great action and has humor at times. Ushio lives in a temple that is said to house a sacred spear, however he has never seen it. He is cleaning the storage house when he find a door in the floor he had never noticed before, he opens it and finds a beast below who was stabbed by a spear and is now trapped. The beast threatens to eat him if he doesn't release it as it had been trapped for 500 years. He tells it off and goes back upstairs and boards up the floor not realizing that the beast released demon sent that was trapped for 500 years summoning other demons. After his home/friends are attacked he frees demon and forces it to help him save them and kill the demons using the spear. Now the demon he named Tora (as it looks like a tiger to him) is trying to kill/eat the boy while the boy tries to protect the town from what he caused without letting everyone know about the supernatural world.

-Rokka - Braves of the Six Flowers - I have not yet watched this one, but it sounds interesting so here is the descripton from Crunchyroll - Legend says, when the Evil God awakens from the deepest of darkness, the god of fate will summon Six Braves and grant them with the power to save the world. Adlet, who claims to be the strongest on the face of this earth, is chosen as one of the “Brave Six Flowers,” and sets out on a battle to prevent the resurrection of the Evil God. However, it turns out that there are Seven Braves who gathered at the promised land...
Kairheen

Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:47 am

This is my must watch anime list. I'd recommend anyone who hasn't seen them to check them out. Not all of them will appeal to everyone, but I'm sure you might find one you like. Some of them are older anime / OVAs, but all are worth watching. There's action, comedy, and more in this list, feel free to give them a whirl!

(Don't judge me for Sailor Moon, it was my first ever anime and still has a soft spot in my heart!)

Clannad
Claymore
Sword Art Online
Fairy Tail
Heaven's Lost Property
Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
Perfect Blue
Martian Successor Nadesico
Macross
Record of Lodoss War
Hellsing
Hellsing Ultimate
Appleseed
Ranma 1/2
Crest of the Stars
Outlaw Star
Escaflowne
The Twelve Kingdoms
Fruits Basket
Full Metal Panic!
Chobits
Trigun
Ruroni Kenshin
Sailor Moon (including sub series like S, R, Stars)
Sailor Moon Crystal
Slayers
Case Closed
Akira
Initial D (the live action film is good too, but it's in Cantonese I believe and rather hard to find in the US)
Samurai Champloo
Moribito
ShaunyMcFlash1

Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:08 pm

no game no life
blood lad
Kill la Kill
Accel world
magi
Heavens lost property
the world god only knows

thees are all excellent anime to sink your teeth in to
MavenOfMisfortune

Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:30 pm

I'm surprised some of these haven't been said much!

Code Geass (2006-2008)
Hunter x Hunter (2011-2014)

Outlaw Star (1998)
Space Dandy (2014)
Trigun (1998)
Gurren Lagann (2007)
Kill la Kill (2013-2014)
Martian Successor Naidesco (1996-1997)

...what? I enjoy my silly semi-magical and mind-gamey sci-fi. I can make most of my list that. >_>
Kuroinu03

Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Haven't seen anyone suggest Natsume Yuujinchou, Nurahihyon no Mago and Mushishi some of the best yokai anime.
Murf_Dude

Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:31 am

Log Horizon : because its deep on everything , feels , action, politics ect.

If you haven't watched then you should , there are 2 seasons soon to be 3 :p
lurkmaster

Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:31 am

Go to -> MyAnimeListmy nick Asasirath, love Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach, Code Geass, Death Note, Devil May Cry, Hellsing, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Steins;Gate...
There are no mistakes, only happy accidents
duospartan

Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:18 am

kenshin.....no one mentioned kenshin :(
KennyG2014

Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:52 am

I am a Gundamn fan, Gundamn 00 is my favorite 2 seasons + Movie. Seed is next in line, I am NOT a wing fan :P . I loved attack on titan and SAO, I have way to many to name here, but those hit the top.
SeanAugust

Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:46 pm

Has anyone watched Armored Trooper Votoms? I watched it in the old Netflix DVD days and have had problems finding it again. Also found out there are about 6 movies?
Awfully_Nice

Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:38 pm

Tokyo Ghoul.
'Nuff said.

'Cause who doesn't love a badass but emotional guy like Ken Kaneki?

WadeDMcGinnis

Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:55 am

Log Horizon - the reason is it takes MMORPGs and says what if you live in one. The major differnce between this and Sword Art Online, Log Horizon takes a closer look at what would happen if npcs became self aware, how would the world act if adventurers (players) stopped questing, what would kings of this world think of adventurers banding together etc.

The story is well thought out for both seasons, characters are given time to growth/breath, the action is superb, and really as a fan of older MMOs this had me smiling at all the little subtleties only die hard MMO fans would notice.
Koma316

Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:07 pm

GOSICK - It is now 1924 and takes place in a small European country called Sauville. A boy from Japan named Kazuya Kujo came abroad to study in a scool named Saint Marguerite Academy. The gear of fate slowly starts to move when he meets Victorique a girl that lives in the library of the school on her own.

As the series progresses the story will become more serious about war and about their life.
If you like mystery occult and adventure stuff you might like it. The story's great and the characters are very fun to see. The best point is that Victorique is cute (just my opinion)
Pokemonfanz69

Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:10 pm

I recommend Kenichi the mightiest disciple. A really great anime that i wish would start posting episodes again because the manga is still being made
Blindfoldedchaos

Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:22 am

The 4 episodes of FF: XV Brotherhood in lead up to the release of said FF: XV?

Also I must recommend JoJo's for it's craziness, and the fact that it's currently going through part 4, out of like 8 parts,
Mhurgle

Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Dunno if someone mentioned it but: Ninja Scroll (the series, not the movie), kinda NSFW but very nicely animated, cool plot and sexy.
Or Nichijou for silly fun.
Or if you want interesting and wierd: Paranoid Agent
Or if you want cool and wierd: Ergo Proxy
Soul Eater's good too.
I don't really watch that much anime. More of a manga reader.
Totally Not A Chaos God,
Definitely Not A Demon Lord,
Not Likely A Boogeyman,
Probably A Ghost.
xBlueRonin

Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:43 pm

Parasyte: The Maxim: An high school student fighting for control of his body with an alien parasite and must warn humanity of their dark plans.
Gintama: Samurai vs Aliens
Log Horizon: players trapped inside a RPG. Like SOA but... you know, good.
SciFiFan523

Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:01 am

So.. started watching Black Clover and it's pretty good.. Also Assassination Classroom is awesome until the second to last episode, stupid fluffing emotions.