Death Counter & Soundboard by Kalejin

Feel free to post about anything here.
TheRealDadBeard_

Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:34 am

[QUOTE="Kalejin, post: 52261, member: 8373"]It is not currently possible, but I'll add it to list of things to implement :) [/QUOTE]

Thanks, then I could finally switch over to something that gets actively developed!
Kalejin

Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:58 am

Hi everyone,

I have just finished major overhaul of this application.
There are some new features that were requested, but most importantly app is now coded in much more organised way.
Way that configuration is stored has changed so unfortunately you'll have to set it up again.

Enjoy
Chceck out my Death Counter & Soundboard for streamers!
TheRealDadBeard_

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:46 am

[QUOTE="Kalejin, post: 54897, member: 8373"]Hi everyone,

I have just finished major overhaul of this application.
There are some new features that were requested, but most importantly app is now coded in much more organised way.
Way that configuration is stored has changed so unfortunately you'll have to set it up again.

Enjoy[/QUOTE]

Yay and the overlap feature works. Had to disable and reenable for it to suddenly work but it works :) . Maybe because i enabled it before adding sounds? And Defender gets triggered by the Setup. I normally have it disabled so i randomly encountered it.
Kalejin

Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:39 pm

[QUOTE="TheRealDadBeard_, post: 54898, member: 117939"]Yay and the overlap feature works. Had to disable and reenable for it to suddenly work but it works :) . Maybe because i enabled it before adding sounds? And Defender gets triggered by the Setup. I normally have it disabled so i randomly encountered it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for letting me know. Overlap setting does not persist after changing output device. I have fixed it now, it will be in the next release.
As for Windows Defender, it does the same thing for me. Most probably because it is not signed, publisher is Unknown. I'll see what needs to be done to sign it.
Kalejin

Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:43 pm

Also unfortunately I have removed autoupdate, so you'll have to use Help > Check for updates every once in a while and see if there is not a newer version on Github.
TheRealDadBeard_

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:42 pm

[QUOTE="Kalejin, post: 54901, member: 8373"]Thanks for letting me know. Overlap setting does not persist after changing output device. I have fixed it now, it will be in the next release.
As for Windows Defender, it does the same thing for me. Most probably because it is not signed, publisher is Unknown. I'll see what needs to be done to sign it.[/QUOTE]

okay nice. Where are the profiles stored so i can copy them to another pc? Or is this not possible at the moment?
Kalejin

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:28 am

[QUOTE="TheRealDadBeard_, post: 54989, member: 117939"]okay nice. Where are the profiles stored so i can copy them to another pc? Or is this not possible at the moment?[/QUOTE]
Configuration is stored in C:\ProgramData\DCSB\config.xml
You can copy it to another PC to the same location and it should load when you open the application. The only thing that you'll have to change is path to files, unless you put them in same directory as they are in the first PC.
TheRealDadBeard_

Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:44 pm

[QUOTE="Kalejin, post: 55024, member: 8373"]Configuration is stored in C:\ProgramData\DCSB\config.xml
You can copy it to another PC to the same location and it should load when you open the application. The only thing that you'll have to change is path to files, unless you put them in same directory as they are in the first PC.[/QUOTE]

Thats okay. At least the Hotkeys and Names are already entered.
IIAJEARLEYII

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi i love this program and have used it for a long time... I was wondering if a feature for a count down clock could be added that is started/reset by keypress... or if there is something out there that does this..
Kalejin

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:41 am

[QUOTE="IIAJEARLEYII, post: 55432, member: 121336"]Hi i love this program and have used it for a long time... I was wondering if a feature for a count down clock could be added that is started/reset by keypress... or if there is something out there that does this..[/QUOTE]
Hi,
that's a good idea. What would you like to happen when timer finishes? Play some sound? Do you want to display this timer also on stream?
Goofygoo6er

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:24 pm

I have this set up currently to use with my Fallout 4 stream. However, I can't play any sounds in game. I have them all set to number pads (2-9). They work outside of the game, but not when the game is running. It is currently windowed and borderless. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

J
Kalejin

Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:02 am

[QUOTE="Goofygoo6er, post: 56074, member: 122158"]I have this set up currently to use with my Fallout 4 stream. However, I can't play any sounds in game. I have them all set to number pads (2-9). They work outside of the game, but not when the game is running. It is currently windowed and borderless. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

J[/QUOTE]
Hi.
Most likely it needs to be run as an administrator. This happens when focused window/game is running as an administrator but DCSB is not.
socklover69

Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:13 am

Hi! I love this! But i have set every key to be a mechanical keyboard sound, but it gets repetive. So can you please make it, so it adds an option to make a key make a random sound? So far this is an amazin soundboard that i use for gaming to make it feel like i have a better keyboard :D

Thanks!
Kalejin

Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:39 pm

[QUOTE="socklover69, post: 56334, member: 122428"]Hi! I love this! But i have set every key to be a mechanical keyboard sound, but it gets repetive. So can you please make it, so it adds an option to make a key make a random sound? So far this is an amazin soundboard that i use for gaming to make it feel like i have a better keyboard :D

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Hi,
you can select multiple sound files when you create/edit sound. Then it will play random one of those selected sound files.
socklover69

Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:37 am

HOLY SHIT!!! [MEDIA=youtube]uz5WCbQQBec[/MEDIA]
IIAJEARLEYII

Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:33 pm

[QUOTE="Kalejin, post: 55736, member: 8373"]Hi,
that's a good idea. What would you like to happen when timer finishes? Play some sound? Do you want to display this timer also on stream?[/QUOTE]

The option for sound would be nice.. I would like to be able to display it on stream... i run random events on my stream like small giveaways and i start a 2 minute timer for everyone to enter... ive been using Snaz buts its a pain to tab out and start the timer manually. people kinda see it coming
KingCupcake1432

Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:01 pm

So this morning I turned on my computer as usual.DCSB was open as usual it was already playing a sound without a keypress and windows said it wasn't responding, so i clicked the X and I right clicked it on the taskbar and clicked close window and then when I tried to open it it would show the loading sign and then it wouldn't show up I restarted uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and it would never work and this was the latest version and I downloaded it from here.Also when I start up the version from your website and update it will not open when I try to open it,but the non-updated version opens at the finish of the download from your site im not sure if it will open normally through the windows search bar though.So if you or anyone knows any possible solutions to this or could check to see if it needs updating that would be wonderful!
Kalejin

Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:47 am

[QUOTE="KingCupcake1432, post: 57866, member: 124465"]So this morning I turned on my computer as usual.DCSB was open as usual it was already playing a sound without a keypress and windows said it wasn't responding, so i clicked the X and I right clicked it on the taskbar and clicked close window and then when I tried to open it it would show the loading sign and then it wouldn't show up I restarted uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and it would never work and this was the latest version and I downloaded it from here.Also when I start up the version from your website and update it will not open when I try to open it,but the non-updated version opens at the finish of the download from your site im not sure if it will open normally through the windows search bar though.So if you or anyone knows any possible solutions to this or could check to see if it needs updating that would be wonderful![/QUOTE]
Hi,
there was an issue where application would not start when stored output device was disconnected.
It should be fixed in the newest version (4.0.0.6), please try it and let me know if it does not help.
KingCupcake1432

Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:15 am

It still is not loading in but I windows gives me a different window that says it could harm your PC I ran it and it wouldn't show up.Alos I havn't actually heard of a "stored output device".If you could please send a definition or explain that would be very helpful.Thanks ^^
[QUOTE="Kalejin, post: 57894, member: 8373"]Hi,
there was an issue where application would not start when stored output device was disconnected.
It should be fixed in the newest version (4.0.0.6), please try it and let me know if it does not help.[/QUOTE]
Kalejin

Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:24 am

[QUOTE="KingCupcake1432, post: 57925, member: 124465"]It still is not loading in but I windows gives me a different window that says it could harm your PC I ran it and it wouldn't show up.Alos I havn't actually heard of a "stored output device".If you could please send a definition or explain that would be very helpful.Thanks ^^[/QUOTE]
Yes Windows shows this message because application is not signed using certificate (therefore publisher is unknown) and Windows now requires applications to be signed. Anyway if you select More Info and then Run Anyway it should work just fine.

As for the stored output device, application allows you to change sound device that sound will be played through (speakers, headphones, virtual cable... whatever you have connected) and stores your setting.
Prior to 4.0.0.6 application stored device index (i.e. 2nd device) and when there were not at least 2 devices connected application would crash silently (and if there were enough devices, but their order changed, it would select different device when loading settings)
Now selected device is stored by its name and if such device is not available at startup, then default output device is selected.

Can you please send me your config file located in C:\ProgramData\DCSB\config.xml ? I'll see if it is not corrupted and prevents application from starting. Thanks