Death Counter & Soundboard by Kalejin

Feel free to post about anything here.
Rendhammertv

Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:29 pm

Hey Kalejin, this is an excellent program. Thanks so much for making it.

I am, however, having an issue that I can't seem to fix, or find anyone else that experiences it. DC+SB will NOT allow me to add any counters or sounds if my .NET Framework is updated to the newest version (currently 4.5.2). It works great if it's on 4.5.

The problem is, I need 4.5.2 to run other programs, like games. Have you ever heard of this problem? Its a real pain as I'd love to use the Death Counter for really, any playthrough.

A little more information which might help? Same issue occurs with SubAlerts. If I have 4.5.2 .NET installed, I can't click any edit button which allows me to change graphics or sounds. But it works perfectly on 4.5. Same as DB+SC.

I've been stumped by this problem for, months. Since I can find no one to help, I've simply just learned to work around it by compromising what I can and cannot use for certain games. I'm hoping someone out there in the Cohhilition might have some advice. Thanks!
IdleInertia

Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:03 pm

Update: It's working! I don't know what fixed it but I was changing multiple things on my computer this weekend (installing/uninstalling, etc.) and opened it just for the heck of it and it was working. Who knows, but thanks anyway for a good program and great support!
Kalejin

Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:42 am

Well thank you IdleInertia
I am glad that it works for you now.
Sad that I don't know what the issue was
Chceck out my Death Counter & Soundboard for streamers!
Presidentjamesmarshall

Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:28 am

Hey there having a bit of a problem when installing after the install has completed and i try to run the program it says it can not find the DC + SB.exe file ive turned off all my anti viruse and firewalls and installed it again to see if that made a difference but it hasn't :( is there anything else you can recommend i try?
Presidentjamesmarshall

Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:35 am

[QUOTE="Presidentjamesmarshall, post: 28296, member: 41791"]Hey there having a bit of a problem when installing after the install has completed and i try to run the program it says it can not find the DC + SB.exe file ive turned off all my anti viruse and firewalls and installed it again to see if that made a difference but it hasn't :( is there anything else you can recommend i try?[/QUOTE]
No worries tis all fixed more i shall say Thank you anyways Kalejin as this is an awesome piece of software kudos for making this
TehSoupa

Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:26 pm

[QUOTE="Presidentjamesmarshall, post: 28297, member: 41791"]No worries tis all fixed more i shall say Thank you anyways Kalejin as this is an awesome piece of software kudos for making this[/QUOTE]
Mountain_Man

Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:59 am

just curious if there is a way to have the soundboard muffle, or mute background or peripherals, because i have pandora running in the background of my stream, its hard to hear my sound clips while music is playing ....
TehSoupa

Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:36 am

It's a good idea, however there really does have to be a "healthy" balance between music, sound effects, and in game sound. Finding that sweet spot is tricky
Kalejin

Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:48 am

[QUOTE="el_mountain_man, post: 29734, member: 43811"]just curious if there is a way to have the soundboard muffle, or mute background or peripherals, because i have pandora running in the background of my stream, its hard to hear my sound clips while music is playing ....[/QUOTE]

Good idea, I will see if something like that is possible
r2d2____

Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:27 pm

Does anyone have any good places to get sounds from? (legally preferably)
Nobodyhells

Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:38 am

Hi, I've installed it on my Win 10 machine and I get an error when I run it, see the attached image.
TehSoupa

Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:00 pm

[QUOTE="Nobodyhells, post: 30107, member: 66311"]Hi, I've installed it on my Win 10 machine and I get an error when I run it, see the attached image.[/QUOTE]
It runs fine on my Windows 10. You may want to try running it in comparability mode.
MageGoesTwitch

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:22 am

[QUOTE="Nobodyhells, post: 30107, member: 66311"]Hi, I've installed it on my Win 10 machine and I get an error when I run it, see the attached image.[/QUOTE]
I have the exact same error on my Win7 x64, so it is not a Win10 issue.
Kalejin

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:33 am

[QUOTE="MageGoesTwitch, post: 30161, member: 67336"]I have the exact same error on my Win7 x64, so it is not a Win10 issue.[/QUOTE]
Could both of you please let me know what versions of .NET Framework do you have installed?
MageGoesTwitch

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:46 am

[QUOTE="Kalejin, post: 30162, member: 8373"]Could both of you please let me know what versions of .NET Framework do you have installed?[/QUOTE]
I have the .NET Framework 4.5.2 installed
Nobodyhells

Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:53 pm

[QUOTE="Kalejin, post: 30162, member: 8373"]Could both of you please let me know what versions of .NET Framework do you have installed?[/QUOTE]

Well, in Windows 10 the default .NET Framework is 4.6 (it does not let you install 4.5) but you can also enable 3.5, which I did.
I've reinstalled DC+SB and run it (1) without compatibility, (2) with Win 8 compatibility and (3) with Win7 compatibility and still have the same initialisation error.

I blame MS with their stupid .NET Framework versions and compatibility issues...
VideoGameQuest

Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:19 pm

Kalejin, great looking program here! Exactly what I'm looking for to minimize running bigger programs in the background that I can trigger samples from, but offer tons of other features that I'm not using essentially wasting CPU.

What would make it perfect for my use is if it could accept input from a midi controller. I use a Behringer CMD. It's nice and simple, but offers me a massive amount of customization should I want to get additional modules for it.

https://www.music-group.com/Categories/ ... -1/p/P0AJE

Being able to use the extra buttons I'm not using to trigger sound samples, and to control death counters, etc. would be incredibly useful for my stream. I don't know how much work would be involved in adding this functionality though, so if it seems too much that's perfectly understandable :) I'm going to see if I can find my own workaround in the meantime.
FifthGear

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:01 am

If i run DC&SB v2.9.exe on my windows 10 pro machine, it opens without any errors. :)
Kalejin

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:35 am

[QUOTE="VideoGameQuest, post: 31508, member: 50309"]Kalejin, great looking program here! Exactly what I'm looking for to minimize running bigger programs in the background that I can trigger samples from, but offer tons of other features that I'm not using essentially wasting CPU.

What would make it perfect for my use is if it could accept input from a midi controller. I use a Behringer CMD. It's nice and simple, but offers me a massive amount of customization should I want to get additional modules for it.

https://www.music-group.com/Categories/ ... -1/p/P0AJE

Being able to use the extra buttons I'm not using to trigger sound samples, and to control death counters, etc. would be incredibly useful for my stream. I don't know how much work would be involved in adding this functionality though, so if it seems too much that's perfectly understandable :) I'm going to see if I can find my own workaround in the meantime.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately that would be really hard since I don't have that device and after a quick googling I didn't find any way to capture it's input.
Kalejin

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:38 am

[QUOTE="fifthgearonline, post: 31518, member: 31737"]If i run DC&SB v2.9.exe on my windows 10 pro machine, it opens without any errors. :) [/QUOTE]
If you are replying to Nobodyhells and MageGoesTwitch's problem, I forgot to post it here but the problem ended up being a missing Windows media player library, that is used to play sounds. More info in the first post under Known issues.