ArcheAge - Computer hangs when trying to connect to Alpha server (SOLVED)

Crazyrat84

Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:05 pm

EDIT4: Seems like it was cluster problems that were causing this for me. It seems like it works fine now. Reinstall worked fine.

I don't really know what's going on with this problem. I usually have no problems fixing brokens software problems, but this one got me beat.

I played for about 7 hours last night, no problems. Except that I had to spam the ESC key during the Cryengine 3 splash screen.

Today I booted up my computer, launched ArcheAge, no problem during CryEngine screen - Click on the Connect to server button aaaand freze.. I can get access to the task manager from there, but as soon as I try to end the proccess my computer hangs - needs a reboot.

I have not installed any new programs since I played without this problem.
I have tried disabling the firewall.
I have tried turning off ALL problems running in background.
I have tried google search for a fix, but I can't find any good information.
I have tried power cycling the modem.
I have tried using the internal network card instead of my external one.
I have tried setting the archeage.exe on whitelist in firewall.
Edit0: I have tried turning off DEP for archeage.exe Can't be done.
Edit1: Reinstalling graphics drivers did not solve the problem.
Edit2: I'm reinstalling the game now, if this does not work. I don't know what to do. Should be done in ~5 hours.. *sigh*
Edit3: There could be a cluster problem with my D: drive. I tried moving the files from D: to C: and explorer.exe kept crashing.. I might be on to something here.
I have NO clue what to do. Please help?

“You simply have to turn your back on a culture that has gone sterile and dead and get with the program of a living world and the imagination.”
– Terence McKenna
Ashardis

Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:11 pm

Uninstall gfx drivers and re-install the new ones.. there might be some gfx settings set wrongly in the registry that makes it go bleeeeep
Crazyrat84

Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:15 pm

Hmm, good point, ty Ashardis. I'll try that right now.

I'll post my findings/solutions after I'm done.
“You simply have to turn your back on a culture that has gone sterile and dead and get with the program of a living world and the imagination.”
– Terence McKenna
twistdbeast

Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:53 pm

When you reinstalled did you try reinstalling on your C or D drive? could be a registry problem that wasn't fixed (or was messed up further) when you tried moving the files to your C drive.
Crazyrat84

Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:14 pm

twistdbeast wrote:When you reinstalled did you try reinstalling on your C or D drive? could be a registry problem that wasn't fixed (or was messed up further) when you tried moving the files to your C drive.
I tried to move the files first, when it did not work I changed the install dir to C:\AA instead of D:\AA .
I will probably move all the files I want to keep/can move to another drive. And scrap the D: one.
– Terence McKenna