Beginner's Trade Run Guide~

Onix095

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:39 pm

=====================
Starting in the Eastern continent when you reach the Tigerspine Mountains, there is an NPC with a green plant symbol above their head, located here:

The only intro quest where you might get caught up is when you have to buy a potato from a seeds merchant as there is no quest indicator for you to follow, but luckily the closest such NPC is located right near you. The following image is taken overlooking the area facing NW:

FIRST TRADE PACK QUEST:
Once you get through the first few easy quests you are given a scarecrow scroll that can be used to claim your first farm. Put your first scarecrow in Arcum Iris just south of the entrance to Tigerspine Mountains, see picture below. Red indicates areas where you may set up a farm. When you right-click the scarecrow to place it you should notice white posts which will outline the areas of valid placement.

*Note: To build your scarecrow you will need at least 1g AND one unit of Lumber(You should own one already from one of the previous Blue Salt Brotherhood quests).

Find the “Seeds Merchant” located in pic below, OR open your map and toggle on “Seeds” under the Merchant category to find the closest one to you). Start off with 20-25 (25 max) Turmeric seeds and plant them all. If you have spare money buy up to 5ish banana trees and fill the rest of your garden with them, you will need those in a little bit. Do not forget to water your crops! It will shorten the time until you can harvest them.
This camp is located at the area marked “camp” on the above pic.

Tip: While your crops are growing be sure to visit the "Granite Quarry" in the western part of this zone to find many iron veins very close together. Here you will want to mine up at least 90x Raw Stone for a quest that is coming up soon.

Harvest the crops when you’re done and head back to the camp located above:

Once you obtain the Turmeric(if you come up short of 50 then you can buy the remainder at the Auctioneer) you need to fill the rest of your plot with cotton. Ideally you should plant ~30ish cotton seeds.

Once you have the 50x Turmeric, go to the Crafting Merchant (see above) and buy a Quality Certificate for 50s.

Once you have that head to the Specialty Workbench (see above) and craft your Arcum Iris Turmeric Trade Powder! Note: Once you craft this item you immediately start the timed portion of the quest which requires you to slowly walk to the Oxian Clan village in the Falcorth Fields zone. The time limit is 60 minutes.
[I'll try to show a rough combined map of the three zones you have to walk through]

Upon reaching the destination you will have the option to turn the quest in to either the Gilda Star Trader for Gilda Stars(GS) or to the Gold Trader for an amount of gold. This gold will take 22 hours to be mailed to you. When starting out it is generally better to go for the GS payout

After completing the quest head back to the Main Quest Giver to receive your next quest, which should be to build and move the Bed Linen Trade Pack and here is where your cotton comes in! You need to collect 200 cotton and another Quality Certificate to craft the new trade pack.

This time around the pack can only be built at Oxian Clan village and the Specialty Workbench for that area is directly under the quest marker. Craft the pack, and hike it over to the town of Widesleeves in Arcum Iris. Keep in mind that this one rewards you with a donkey, a mount that allows you to move slightly faster than walking when you have a trade pack equipped.
More info on the Donkey:
[+] Show
Your donkey needs 1x Vita seed to mature into a full pet, after which you can use him as your go-to mount for trade pack hauling. He is faster than any other mount when you have a trade pack equipped, and if leveled up to level 20 he gains a skill that lets him move 30% faster for 1 minute at the cost of one carrot. The donkey is the best trade running speed you can obtain without waiting for carriages and without buying a tractor.
The next trade pack quest requires 90 raw stone and must be built from the Specialty Workbench just south of Anvilton(Opposite the 1st Seeds Merchant from the 2nd picture).

The next quest requires 15x bananas and must be built at a Specialty Workbench north of the City of Towers(Mahadevi). This quest's destination is across the ocean! It is highly recommended tha you group up to complete this, as you will need a boat and preferably some backup. Enemies can attack you as soon as you hit the ocean and the destination's zone is a safe zone for the other faction, meaning you cannot attack them.

Tips:
- Keep in mind that you only need to get near the traders to complete the missions, you can then turn around and take the pack somewhere else, which could get you significantly more profit. One very popular thingss to do with the banana trade quest is to hitch a ride with a guildie nad ask them to stop by Solzreed on the way to Freedich Island. You will complete your quest without even getting off the boat, and then you can go turn in your pack for a nice chunk of change or GS.

Critique and criticism appreciated!
robinyamumshood

Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:00 am

Thanks alot mate, this is fantastic.
reivongoreheart

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:21 am

I wish I had read this BEFORE I messed up with my scarecrow shenanigans! Really well done!
Silverdragon_

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:44 pm

A few things to note that ive noticed is that there might be a issue with turning it in for gold, i could swear i turned in at least 2/3 and only got one payment after 22 hours roughly, also you "do not!" have to turn the quest items in to the gilda/gold merchants in that province, you only need to talk to them wile carrying the desired items and its considered finish, you can confirm this via the quest log, you can then turn around, haul it where you wish and make more money/gilda
Calith

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:06 pm

Im upto the stone section but have not come across stone. Anyone know some good mining spots?
Ashardis

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:29 pm

calith wrote:Im upto the stone section but have not come across stone. Anyone know some good mining spots?
From the first post - you can find location there :)
Tip: While your crops are growing be sure to visit the "Granite Quarry" in the western part of this zone to find many iron veins very close together. Here you will want to mine up at least 90x Raw Stone for a quest that is coming up soon.
Silverdragon_

Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:40 am

Ashardis wrote:From the first post - you can find location there :)
I find its better to go to the mining area just west of the halo hollow in solis headlands, the respawns there are much faster then the quarry seems to be, i like to bring a trade pack to austrea then make a side trip there to use up some spare labor
Calith

Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:47 am

thanks guy really helped me out there