ArcheAge on EU-servers / Interested?

LateNightLateX

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:05 pm

In this thread i'm personally looking for people interested in joining a guild on the EU servers. This guild would have the same rules and interests as the NA guild, but wouldn't have the same name, unless Cohh approves that personally. (I'm fine with doing a more personal guild for EU, but this would be the start "build" for the guild)

I would also like to know the server people are going to play on.

The side i'm playing on is East on the Firran race. (Due to the race passive being useful on PvP) This would mean that you need to be ready to play on Firran or Haranni.

The Guild leader and other roles are also open for people worthy of the tasks. Let's just first see if we can even get this guild going ;)

------------------------NOTICE : THE SERVER I HAVE PERSONALY NOMINATED IS EANNA.
------------------------WITHOUT ANY OTHER NOMINATES THIS WILL BE THE SERVER -----
-LateNigthLateX -> Firran Darkrunner

If you want to contact me via steam, you can add late1995.

I'll also stream from time to time so you can catch me there as well www.twitch.tv/latenightlatex
warmaha

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:29 pm

Sure, I would be interested playing at EU server with Cohh people.

Played alpha at Elves side, but I like cats too, so could make Firran main character at launch anyway. :p

Because 4-Day Patron Head Start, it would be nice to know which server to select before of that head start if possible. Hopefully there is enough people interested playing on the EU servers, for me there is too much lag to play at US servers.
LateNightLateX

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:31 pm

Agreed Warmaha, I will probably run a small guild regardless of the interest or a large Family.
marqxb

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Definetly! Count me in :)
Jaded_Midnight

Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:00 pm

Lets all unite in Europe server :D
Collected1

Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:17 pm

I would also be interested in an East EU guild. I'm guessing everyone has decided the US latency is too much in this game? I've only played the beta today but there does seem to be a momentary delay on most abilities which does begin to suck after a while. I'm not hugely into PVP but even in PVE it feels like I'm at a disadvantage.
LateNightLateX

Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:24 pm

collected1 wrote:I would also be interested in an East EU guild. I'm guessing everyone has decided the US latency is too much in this game? I've only played the beta today but there does seem to be a momentary delay on most abilities which does begin to suck after a while. I'm not hugely into PVP but even in PVE it feels like I'm at a disadvantage.
The problem is that the game doesn't support skill queue. Native NA players have an advantage on timing and f.ex. fast shooting skills that are used to shoot multiple arrows or spells in a second . These skills really bad with lag, because you have to literally push the buttom at the right time. If you're from EU, you send the "use skill" command to the server, and with this the skill has a 1-2 seconds lag or delay.
DonPoedel

Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:24 pm

Will the ping be that bad?
LateNightLateX

Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Donpoedel wrote:Will the ping be that bad?
Well like i said to collected1, the ping is a problem on the NA servers, if you connect from Europe. I didn't try the tunnels that are provided by 3rd party companies to lower the ping, so i can't say anything to that. But, I at least want a smooth first experience on the game that i will be playing for some time.
warmaha

Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:40 am

It's playable, but lag is noticeable when using any skills. Moving around, crafting, gathering resources etc., it really doesn't matter much. If you are more for role playing and just hanging around than actually playing game, then lag is not really problem. Mostly because lack of skill-using-queue that lag really feels in game when at hard fight or doing other things where timing is important. Have to note also that end game is at pvp areas and lag in pvp is bad thing.

That ping/lag depends from many things, including your location in europe and service provider etc.. I played a lot at US server during alpha, it was fun even with lag, but for me it was like 5x ping to US server vs EU, so it was huge difference when was able to get in EU beta servers. I'm looking smooth gaming experience now, so that is why I want to go to EU server at release.
warmaha

Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:50 am

Time to start hype(rventilation).It's only 5 hours to head start. Sure, if everything goes like in normal MMOs, we will be able to log in first time in 10-15 hours. Will be pretty long time to hold breath once again, but we can get thru it with fast spamming of play button as usual. ;)

For those who decide joining to Europe Eanna server, see ya in game. :)
marqxb

Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:09 am

I will just keep twitch open the whole weekend unless I happen to win founders pack from some giveaway :)
ofekbark123

Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:23 pm

Is this the server we'll play in for certain? I want to know before I start playing
warmaha

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:09 am

That EU - Eanna server is really bugged currently. I was able to get in there and play one character to level 11 last night (Firran Primeval - Warmaha), but did not get any paid items etc. stuff for that character :( ... and after that server has been mostly down in maintenance mode. Made another Firran Primeval - Warmaha character to official US Cohh server too. Because not sure how bad that Eanna server status is and how long it takes to fix that, not sure where my main character will be. :confused:
devilpl

Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:32 pm

im from EU (poland) and its great idea to play together here :) if u want me i realy like to join :)

ofc i start 16 :>
ofekbark123

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:54 pm

so what server will the official guild be on? I really want to play it in a server with you guys :)
Gorlano

Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:01 pm

Is this still going ahead? im in if so
chiverz99

Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:34 am

Was also wondering if this was still happening, really need a EU guild :)
ofekbark123

Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Did someone make a Cohhlition guild in EU? I really want to join this awesome community.