Game Crahes after 5 mins

mrtroug

Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:41 pm

Hello all,

I'm having problem where I can play for about 5 mins and then my computer completely freezes and then resets. I've tried running the game in it lowest settings and changing to DX9 instead of 11 like the AA forums suggest, but i'm still having the same problems.

Has anyone else experienced this and fixed it??

Thanks for the help,
Troug
Lonkley

Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:09 pm

Reboots like that are usually thermal protection from overheating. Check your fans, clear out the dust, get some utilities to check cpu/gpu temperature. Install furmark and stress your box and see if the same thing happens. It could also be caused if your power supply isnt up to the power draw. You can also run memtestx86 overnight to make sure there's no problems there.
mrtroug

Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:21 pm

I thought it might be something like this, but it has only happened when I try to play archeage. I've played all other MMOs (WoW, SWTOR, Wildstar, FFXIV) without any problems. I turned off all my programs that start when I turn on my computer, except all the essential mircosoft ones and that seemed to help. I played for almost 15 mins before my computer froze and then shutdown on me.
Lonkley

Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Different games play differently based on demand. Like for instance, furmark is a stress test and i was just testing my wifes computer. Pushed her card to 98c @ 100% fan, but in archeage it caps out at about 86c

Which is friggin way hotter than I want, but i have an early gen gtx 470 in there.

I would start with furrmark, memtestx86, and cpuz. Stress it and see if it works.