Edit: not bugged, just in a temporary garden

Alpharalpha

Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:09 pm

sigh, sort of a followup from the talking about it in guild chat.

I had a 8x8 garden in an area, where i finally found some room, but i never got an email regarding the land taxes. I logged on tonight and found my scarecrow demolished and some of my trees gone.

I never paid taxes because I never got any emails regarding them. I have a huge stack of certs waiting to send out for when the bills came in.

I did some googling about it tonight and it turns out this is a known bug, one player lost a 16x16 farm to the bug and of course cannot get it back.

I am going to send an email to Trion support for what it is worth.

I had so many long term plans but now don't even see the point of finding land for my 16x16 when I complete that quest since I cannot pay the taxes and keep it even though I have a pile of certs to pay them with.

Sigh
dark_mender

Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:10 am

Silly question but it wasn't in a temporary scarecrow area was it?
Alpharalpha

Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:26 pm

it says Arcum Iris Temporary Garden in my book, and i don't think houses are allowed, but some of the people there have been there a long time gardens have flags and fences. I'm confused. I read up on stuff but only get more confused. when i checked others scarecrows they don't show "not paid" in their tax status. If it is a temp garden how are they able to put decorations down?
dark_mender

Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:58 pm

Yeah the temporary gardens expire in 7 days. No questions asked. No taxes. You can place like you normally would but when the time expires the garden and anything on it is destroyed. The garden gets sent back to you in the mail. I believe you can mark off for other items to be sent back and not destroyed. I'm not positive, but i think if you destroy the farm yourself and replace it the timer is reset. Probably best to do towards the end of the 7 days. I had mine sent back to me after I planted a few trees and forgot it was the end of the "lease". Thankfully I managed to find a small spot after a couple of weeks. Still looking for other land.
Alpharalpha

Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:11 pm

yep i did get the design back in the mail, i think i am going to wind up doing this on a temp basis, clearing everything off the land and demolishing before the timer is up and then repeat until i have saved up enough gold to buy a plot somewhere
dark_mender

Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:31 pm

As with most things in this game they don't really explain it very well. I wish they would put in a temporary area for the larger farms.
Alpharalpha

Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:37 pm

they definitely do not explain things, i realize its open world but some basic instruction would be so nice, especially since i cannot really watch you tube videos very much with my deafness and lack of subtitles. One of the main reasons i joined the cohhilition was to be able to ask questions in-game.
Zalansho

Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:12 pm

I agree they need better explanation for many things in the game. A lot of what explanation they do offer is in the form of quests and stuff.

Possible problem with a temporary area for large farms(and I'm not sure but the temporary area may work for larges if you find enough room?) would be that you have to put in 100-ish lumber to build it. It would be a pain rebuilding that every week.
Alpharalpha

Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:46 pm

through a happy chain of events and some generous guildies I managed to move out of the temp gardens to a permanent 8x8 in the same zone, and did immediately get my tax email. So no bug.