So Auroria?

Lonkley

Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Word i'm seeing is that West grabbed all four castles and massive botting claimed majority of land in seconds. Any field confirmations?
Noctikz

Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:35 pm

Can't even log in to check
Archeage
Character: Serana
Server: Salphira

Twitch Channel
Alpharalpha

Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:11 pm

tried to log in a bit ago, got a disconnected message before the character selection screen.... that must be common because the servers were not "high" or in "queue" status.

yep, the disconnect is being worked on.

oh man one guild got robbed by a disconnect with their pack carrier just a few meters from claiming a castle. oh that must suck.
Lonkley

Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:57 pm

If half of what is being said is true, this could be the final nail in AA's coffin for a lot of people.

At least those that stay will have a bunch of land to fight bots over in 2 weeks.
Lonkley

Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:59 pm

Oh, and just got home. Both my wife and I have the disconnect character screen. We're starting the reboot and various voodoo methods to get hackshield to work now.

..and wife just tried after reboot. still out.
ferral72

Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:12 pm

yep, the disconnect issue is bad - trion should have turned the servers off till they got this fixed - but instead kept them up so only those who managed to get in can get the castles setup and land aquired - from hearing stuff on the forums, most servers already have castles all up and all the land taken already
Lonkley

Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:40 pm

and now their forums are down

Oh well, I had a 24x24 demolishing at 8:36 i desperately wanted I was hoping Auroria would give me cover to grab, but I guess that's not going to happen.
Alpharalpha

Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:29 am

Trion definitely could have been handling this way better, shutting the servers down until a fix was in would have been better than letting a few people get the rewards while everyone else was locked out of the game.
ratsfordinner

Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:16 am

yes the west grabbed all 4 castle spots, between 1 and 3 hours of auroria opening. also the housing spots were not claimed by bots but real players who were very well organized and outnumbered the east. the disconnect issues were mostly tied to hackshield updates. most of those who got in right at the start stayed in but within 2 hours everyone else was not already in was blocked out. over 7 hours post launch on NA servers and still no resolution but they are testing a fix with xlgames.

i think a partial reset is in order, namely redo the land grabs and mats, or i think a large segment of the active paying players are done with archeage.
Noctikz

Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:53 am

Honestly tho, I figured there were going to be server issues regarding Auroria. This is pretty much just like Launch week all over again because of the rush for landgrab(plus over 400+ people spam logging and rushing to one area of the game).

The problem I'm having is that Trion didn't see this coming. There needs to be a PBE(Public Beta Environment) implemented so that people can test the patch before they are released to the public. That way, if things such as login issues arrises, there will be ample time to fix it. We, the players, will also get a nice preview of what is to come rather than just come up with speculation as to how things may or may not work(take the gliders all being normalized as an example).
Archeage
Character: Serana
Server: Salphira

Twitch Channel
Lonkley

Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:06 pm

This isn't at all like launch. It wasn't server overload. We could only be so lucky. If the continent crashed, then everyone would of had to relog in, and it would of been fair footing. It was a fucked up client with hackshield. A que you can fight, not being able to start the game for thousands of people is a totally different issue.

There's no way they can do a rollback, let alone a partial. That's a decision that needs to be made within minutes. Every minute that goes by that's millions of actions undone. Crafting loss, gear drops, auction house sales, legitimate land grabs, all compounded with real money in the ecosystem.
Alpharalpha

Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:28 pm

I agree that its too late now for a roll back. If they had shut the servers down instead of keeping them up then the impact of a rollback would be lessened and they would have had time to make the call on a roll back.

I think most of the land hacking was actually people in stealth, and click macro/mouse keybind (which are easy to do but technically illegal) using people who were just revved up to spam grab as much as they could. Then again maybe there is a new land grab hack out there that is not as common knowledge as the arche***** one.