Dragons in Inquisition!

evilvac

Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:39 pm

Does anyone have an good suggestions of how to beat the dragons throughout DAI?
Draven_812

Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:55 pm

Level up! It really depends on the dragon you are fighting. Being a few levels ahead of the dragon will help but it can be done around or under the level. Depends on your difficulty setting as well. You need to focus on the right team setup. Have at least one to two mages to consistently casting barrier on your tanks/warriors. Have a rouge best as archer focusing on DPS on the dragon. Then either two tanks or one. I personally use one tank/warrior support and another with DPS. Keep reg potions on your characters to help with health. Then protection potions of either ice, fire, spirit to help counter their strengths.

Focus on your AI keep away from the dragon unless they are built to take a hit. When the dragon takes flight use the tactical camera to pause and move your characters accordingly. Dragons are optional and you can always come back later when you are ready. They are a huge XP boost and good items if you can kill them at an early level. Also you can check out Cohh's youtube video to see where he fights a few of the dragons. Hope that helps. And good luck evilvac.
evilvac

Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:00 pm

Thanks Draven_812! I've just been in the Hinterlands trying to complete all the quests, and came across the "first" dragon. I'm only level 9, and a two-handed warrior.
Draven_812

Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:06 pm

[QUOTE="evilvac, post: 20587, member: 27115"]Thanks Draven_812! I've just been in the Hinterlands trying to complete all the quests, and came across the "first" dragon. I'm only level 9, and a two-handed warrior.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome.

Yeah I was only level 6 the first time a walked into that area and got destroyed. I would suggest at least level 14 on that dragon even thou he is level 12 because of all the little dragons he calls in to help. Focus on fire resistance and frost attack. Always check their vulnerabilities at the start of the fight in tactical view.

As a two handed warrior make sure you are focusing on DPS and keep another tank with you help like cassandra or Blackwall. Both have pretty good skills to help. You could run to mages with one with all barrier and another with frost attack.
evilvac

Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:54 pm

So, is it worth having a rouge?
Draven_812

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:40 am

Yes. Two ways to play. Archer makes a great DPS. That is what I played as my main character. You can drop a ton of damage. And can stay away from the damage. As a dual weld you can do a lot of damage as that as well but risk getting damaged more. It is always best to have one rouge with you while exploring to unlock doors. Cole is a pretty good dual rouge.
mrwishe

Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:09 am

I can't wait to build the new rig and I can play DAI finally....all this talk makes me want it so badly.

Dose keeping armor with resistance on it make sense, or would you just already be wearing it? I never used it in Origins.
Draven_812

Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:38 pm

Resistance is good if you know the enemy in advance like a dragon. Normal I usually focus on generic buffs like dexterity and hp. Not so much on individual resistance.