Server for people who can't whitelist

fainttempest1

Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:51 pm

I'm fixing to get on feed I'm by the truck stop fainttempest is ign
Brozilla84

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:27 pm

I just started playing on Feed myself, a long ways off being able to play on Cohhs server. Same in game name
bankai_billy

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:36 am

I most likely won't be on the server or the game anymore until closer to launch of the game because the lack of loot and the zombies on easy mode causes the servers to be flooded with way too many KOS idiots. Not to mention I have no interest in teaming up with those who are I thought part of Cohh's community who are KOS'ing as well. There is a difference between playing bandit and KOS.

So as a result, that would mean I would have to solo in-game and that is not a smart or fun option which is why I made this decision.
knblatt

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:55 am

I'm right there with you. Played for 3 hours tonight and found almost no loot. A few water bottles is about it. Everyone I saw was KOS. Ran away from most. One guy chased me for like 10 mins. Should have just let him kill me, all I had was berries.

Won't be playing again until loot is fixed
knblatt

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:01 am

Well looks like it MIGHT be fixed tomorrow. https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/558488229352337409
bankai_billy

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:28 am

That sounds great, though I hope that cures players in our community from KOSing. Because I have no interest in teaming up with people who KOS.
Vondoom96

Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:40 am

id say first few days of the game was like 70% friendly 30%KOS, now its the other way around, maybe more, but I have to say ive had quite a few sessions on feed where ive met up with random people pretty much 1 at a time who aren't dicks, if you can get 2 decent people with you its much more fun and people are less likely to KOS.

I think the cheating/duping thing is becoming an even bigger issue than KOS, at least KOS is part of the game, ive seen soo many people hacking bad! they need to get on top of that now or welcome to infestation 2.0
bankai_billy

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Unfortunately many people like to take the easy route. I'm not perfect by any means, but in a world where more and more of society is online and our culture evolves into a digital one, I prefer to use the same ethics I would in the real world. Which is why I do not KOS and will not team with those who do. I agree hacking is a problem and I have seen it go on, but the effect of KOS mentality on the server community and this one I feel is a bigger issue because I have had far more KOS situations affect my game play than hackers.
sgtfredbarnicle 2

Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:14 pm

I can understand KOS when you are nowhere near a spawn area, tho I don't operate that policy myself. I am getting tired of being killed no long after spawn though. It seems pointless! Whoop de do your murdering me as earned you a few arrows, a used makeshift bow, some gauze and those all important Blackberries! If you're lucky you might even get a branch!
Vondoom96

Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:32 pm

actually just had a really cool game, got a few guys, 5 I think in the end, of various 'stray-loners' and decided we were gonna keep the yetes motel area free of zombies, we had a good time fighting zombies, and 1-2 bandits :D if only it was always like that.
bankai_billy

Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:45 pm

I might give the EA another shot if the loot patch goes well today. Hopefully after that, those on our TS won't be doing anymore KOS and encourage some good sportsmanship-like gameplay. Afterall, I thought that's what Cohhcarnage community was about.
sgtfredbarnicle 2

Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:57 pm

Probably a daft Q but what is the ip for the cohh TS? Might be easier to find folk to team up with!
bankai_billy

Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:58 pm

The server address is Teamspeak.Cohhilition.com but that's part of the problem currently in that yesterday there was several people on the unofficial non-whitelist server 'Feed', who were KOSing only because it is restricted on Cohh's server.

I don't find that to be a good reason, because if they can't restrtain themselves on a non-Cohh server, why would I trust them on Cohh's server given that they made it clear they find it funny to kill players with no loot for the 'fun' of it?

What's more bothersome is that no one on TS seemed to have a problem with their KOS actions that night so I logged off. That's why I said I though Cohhcarnage community was supposed to be a about good sportsmanship-like gameplay and positive attitude. Cohh has always promoted that on any game or server, not just on his whitelist H1Z1 server as far as I have ever known so it makes little sense for them to use that as a reason to KOS.

**Not saying that all on the 'Feed' server are KOS'ing.
bankai_billy

Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:17 am

I'm happy to say that the latest loot patch seems to be working well so far. Granted, there are still some KOS'ers to deal with, they are a little easier to deal with since it is easier to arm yourself. A few of use have a base in progress now on Feed, though I won't give coords here to prevent harassment from those browsing the forums not really interested in being part of the community.

Only other thing I would like to add is I wish the mods would label the chat groups in TS according to server to avoid confusion in-game. Most of us non-whitelisters though to be clear are usually in Group 4 on TS for H1Z1. Naturally anyone should be able to talk in whichever channel, it just creates less confusion not to make a habit of talking about server happenings on a different server channel.
mgsynlotus

Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:44 pm

Glad I finally met up with you [USER=31188]@bankai_billy[/USER]! Looking forward to some more survival man! I actually found us some Med Kits last night after you logged.
bankai_billy

Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:01 am

Yah was cool, though we need more metal again since someone destroyed the previous base for the most part. I did not know it was possible to destroy the larger building yet they left the metal door standing in midair.
bankai_billy

Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:41 am

So you know, the base was overrun by KOS'ers tonight, so trying to relocate further west since they built a large metal base within throwing distance of ours. Hard to compete against that with so few that play on the server anymore.