I didnt know that !

808Wildstyle

Thu May 21, 2015 3:23 am

A Thread for all sorts of little tricks and hints !
Figured out something noone else did ?
Found a cool way to get an advantage ?
Found a hidden sword somewhere in a remote cave at the edge of the map ?
Stumbled upon a cool reference or easteregg noone else knows and want to share it ?
THIS is the thread for it.

And without further ado, my contribution !
Linking Mutagens !

Ive seen so many streamers not do this, and it itches me everytime to yell at them !
If you're not doing this youre severely hampering Geralt, especially oh higher difficulties where a bit of an advantage means life or death.

What is linking Mutagens ?
Your character tab has four divided parts where you can put 3 skills and 1 mutagen each. By having skills of the same color as the mutagen of that part, these will "link" to the mutagen, boosting its effectivity by 100% per linked skill.

In my case, im still using the Griffin ( +50 Vit ) mutagen.
By putting in green skills you can see the Vitality bonus turns into +100 Vit with one and +150 Vit with 2 skills linked.

How do I link Mutagens ?
Simply place them next to skills of the same colour, they will automatically link

Will this change/lock/destroy any of my Mutagens ?
No :) Youre free to swap out,change or toy around with the cominations as you please without any drawback
ser_chunks

Thu May 28, 2015 1:39 pm

I posted this in the chat earlier today but not sure if Cohh/other people managed to see/read it.
I'm keeping this as spoiler free as possible but it is a horribly annoying bug that you can easily run into.

When (in Novigrad) you are send to investigate a fighting pit do NOT talk to the Dwarves outside the entrance (Gangs of Novigrad quest). Both quests take place at the same time in the same location but if you talk to the dwarves you will not be able to open the secret room/vault. Towards the end of the fighting pit 'moment' the dwarves will 'activate' regardless.
ser_chunks

Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:28 am

Another buggy one:

Do not do the Master Armor blacksmith quest before doing the Lord of Undvik quest, you can work around it if yo you do but it bugs out part of the quest.

Edit: Moved the posts to a bug topic.
808Wildstyle

Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:56 am

nice, thanks for that
ser_chunks

Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:07 pm

[QUOTE="zapzorz, post: 26238, member: 48253"]Another buggy one:

Do not do the Master Armor blacksmith quest before doing the Lord of Undvik quest, you can work around it if yo you do but it bugs out part of the quest.[/QUOTE]

The work-around btw is: Go to the next village along the road, the NPC you are looking for will be there.
ser_chunks

Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:08 pm

Found another bug:

My game suddenly said I could not load my save game because the 'contract: lost miners' DLC was not intalled.

I fixed this by: Closing down the game > Disabling the lost miners DLC > Launching the game > Closing down the game > Enabling the DLC > Launching the game again.
ser_chunks

Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:20 am

Found another one, last night my water went flat and ... well generall odd...
It was after I visited an island that seems to have an 'eternal storm' issues related to an quest involving an tower (which is for level 30). I loaded a save game from before that and my water is back to what it was before the bug.

The island is all the way in the north east of skelige and the town on it is called Urialla Harbor, I went there to get the third steel Griffin sword upgrade.

To clarify, this is what i was talking about water wise:
before:
after:

edit: Maybe my posts should be moved to a bug topic, didn't want to hijack the topic :D