Cohh Challenge - New Vegas DLC on level one!

McLunnainn

Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:48 pm

Cohh, I have a challenge for you!

As I mentioned earlier, I made the huge mistake on going to OWB as a level 4 on my New Vegas playthrough (mostly because I was too hasty and clicked an option instead of reading the wall of text that came at me). That got me thinking about how cool it would be to see you take on a sort of challenge; A Challenge Of Having Behind Served Back.

Here's the challenge; To take on each of the DLC's in New Vegas as a level one character!

How to? Well... yes, it would include "cheating", but not in a way to make it easier. But harder.
You start up a new character, with whatever SPECIALS and Tags you want yourself, and hit the pavement on to one of the DLC sites. There, you empty your inventory and use console commands to set yourself back to level one (probably just taking one or two levels off - you're supposed to head directly to a DLC site). To make it somewhat survivable, you use console commands to add 50 stimpacks, any medium armor you want, any gun you want with 150 ammo, and 50 of any other hp-regenatives you want (within carry weight).

Then you go through with the DLC until it's finished, and after you're done, you do it all over - with each of the other DLC's.

Again - new character, your own SPECIALS/Tags, DLC site, Console Command -> lvl 1, 50 stimpacks, medium armor, one weapon, 150 ammo, 50 hp-regens.

Now, THAT is a New Vegas Challenge I can look at, however long it'll take!
Skillmags/books arent allowed, rocketlaunchers/fatmans and the likes (explosives) arent allowed,
plasma/laser/any gunpowder gun are allowed.
(Starting the DLC's with console'd DLC weapons arent allowed, only "vanilla weapons" are - however, the DLC weapons are allowed to use once inside that particular DLC. Grenades are allowed to be used, but not started with, any weapons found inside each DLC are allowed to use later - even if it's a fatman).

(Does not have to be hardcore/hardmode - it's hard enough as it is with these constrictions)
MavenOfMisfortune

Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:54 pm

Here's the real question, though: are you allowed to level up once within the DLC? Because I can think of a few ways to quickly snowball in all but one of the DLC. Also, you might want to specify some limitaitons on the gun and ammo since your current parameters include "Fat Man" and "Mini-Nukes". =P
McLunnainn

Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:58 pm

True, you're right.

Yes, level up within the DLC is ok, books/mags are not allowed, and "mass destruction weapons" (fatman, rocket launchers) arent allowed either. If he thinks he can keep a minigun going, it's fine, as are plasmas/lasers; he has to pay for ammo in-DLC though.
Also, after each DLC, he's supposed to restart a new lvl 1 char, so hopefully, we'll see him get smashed fairly enough ;)
MavenOfMisfortune

Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:12 pm

Not likely that Cohh'll do it, but it's a great challenge for anyone else who's interested in ultra difficult New Vegas stuff. Cohh has a huge number of games to play normally ahead of him. He's already planning a Metal Gear run and is taking a few other games under consideration as well. I think the only Fallout he has after this run in Vegas in his near future is Fallout 4.