Fallout NV Crashes

shadowgooey

Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:46 pm

Hey does anyone here know how to fix the crashes? I actually can't even play the game right now it has gotten so bad... I have tried to download some mods to help, but I'm not sure if they just aren't working or if I even put them in properly... I tried putting in the 'new vegas script extender' and 'new vegas anti crash'
MavenOfMisfortune

Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:14 pm

What type of crashes are you getting? Can you describe the circumstances that cause them? We'll need more specific information to help you with this. Bethesda games have a lot of bugs, but many can be isolated to specific conditions.
shadowgooey

Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:32 pm

It's whenever I fast travel or enter/leave areas, it completly kicks me out of the game, letting me know that an error has occured, and I am currently in the old word blues DLC. I'm not sure how much more I can add to this, don't know why I didn't throw that bit in my original post.
MavenOfMisfortune

Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:23 pm

I'm assuming you're talking about PC. From what I can tell, Old World Blues has some problems with zone transitions when you're carrying any of the Sink upgrade discs or one of the X-8 gene splicing discs. In addition, there's a few cache issues. So here's a few steps you should take when you encounter the problems.

1) Use all holodiscs you have in the Sink and at X-8 when applicable. If that doesn't work...
2) Fast travel to the Sink roof or the Think Tank and walk to the sink. If that doesn't work...
3) Rest in-game for three days. If that doesn't work...
4) Walk a distance away from where you are crashing while attempting to fast travel before attempting again.

These should fix most issues regarding crash to desktops in Old World Blues. Bethesda games have a lot of load-crashing relating to specific variables. The first will get rid of one of the most notable item variables of the DLC, the second will fix location variables, the third will fix cache variables, and the fourth is a generic fix for fast travel crashing in Fallout.

Hope this helps!

Sources:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/22380/dis ... 861332229/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/22380/dis ... 977326518/
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Old_World_Blues_bugs
shadowgooey

Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:40 pm

Thanks for the tip. Just played 3 hours without it crashing and it just crashed after I got my brain back... oh well maybe if I persist with it, I can get out of Big MT soon enough, pretty close to the end of it, from what I saw on Cohh's stream anyways.
SunlitKarma

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:01 am

[QUOTE="shadowgooey, post: 28364, member: 4779"]Hey does anyone here know how to fix the crashes? I actually can't even play the game right now it has gotten so bad... I have tried to download some mods to help, but I'm not sure if they just aren't working or if I even put them in properly... I tried putting in the 'new vegas script extender' and 'new vegas anti crash'[/QUOTE]

If you continue to have problems, there are plenty of sources on Youtube that can help you troubleshoot. The important bit of info that I want to share with you is to make sure you look at how recent your resource is. I have had some problems (mostly with Tale of Two Wastelands) and looked up the info only for it to not work. I wasted a lot of time not realizing that I don't have the properly updated mods or that someone updated their troubleshooting guide and I was viewing an old version.