Fallout 4 System Requirements Question

PhantasyHero22

Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:23 pm

Hey all,

I'm new to the forums and all. Since I keep hearing Cohh talk about Fallout 4 all the time it made me want to look into it myself. I was planning on preordering the game but I found the minimum system requirements is a Radeon HD 7870 but my comp is running with a Radeon HD 6800 series. I've heard from other threads that people have been able to play games below minimum requirements just fine like Witcher 3. My question is that do you think I would be able to run Fallout 4 on this graphics card or would I have to shell out cash for an updated card to play this game. Thanks.
littlebeeches

Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:00 pm

I'm not hugely clued up with the computer world but from what I have heard, don't go off the system requirements. I can't see you having major problems with that graphics card though.
EmBraceGG

Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:09 am

Well, it kind of depends on the developer. I've experienced games which would not start at all if minimum requirements weren't met. Then there are others, which will warn you in the beginning but still run. I'd say, in order to get the best experience possible, you should at least upgrade to a certain level of GPU - doesn't necessarilly have to be a GTX 980Ti if you don't have the Caps ( ;) ) for it right now, but there are a ton of great offers out there. My Advice: Consider buying a used Graphics Card. If you're not too PC hardware savvy, get a friend to help you with that or ask among the Cohhilition - you'd be surprised how much money you can actually save with that strategy. Of course it comes with a certain "risk", but the reward might pay off tremendously. I for one got a new, one time opened, ASUS Strix GTX 980 Ti for just 600€ - 2 weeks ago I was able to negotiate a 4 week old GTX 970 down to 225€ for a friend; and that's essentially current gen hardware! :)
Long story short: If you're a smart buyer, you'll be able to upgrade fairly cheap - just keep an eye open for good deals and put some points in bartering :)