Fallout 4 PC Specs

TheLipSmackerWeinerSnackr

Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:58 am

I know this question has been asked a lot but I am teetering on whether to get it for PS4 or PC. So my specs are GTX 780, i5 4690k, 8GB of Ram, now it tells me I pretty much reach the recommended settings except for cpu but I still dont really see a game taking advantage of a i7 vs i5 at this point. Im really trying to play in the high near ultra settings but I also play on 2560x1440 would this still be feasible or would 1080 be a better option. I am also considering on getting a 390x if it will boost my graphics by a considerable amount. Let me know what you guys think.
Sorumeiji

Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:29 am

Honestly it totally depends which you like better. PC will have better graphics, more mods and other things. I don't have a strong PC so I got Fallout 4 for PS4. I don't care for modding I just like to play the DLC and the base game, so I didn't need it on PC. So my suggestion is, if you want better graphics and lots of mods, than the console edition is going to have, then go for PC, otherwise, save money and go with the PS4.

- Xociety
Sharkbite0592

Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:11 am

I'd say you can easily run the game at 1080p on high/ultra with a good framerate with those specs, definitely better than a PS4 would (1080p 30fps) + look much better. If you don't like 1080p and want to play it at higher resolutions you could go for the 390X which would give you a significant boost in FPS, although you must know that as of now FO4 is not optimized super well for AMD graphics cards so you might also want to consider Nvidia ones, but hopefully AMD will release some sort of patch for this.