Fallout 4 Embargo Embargo

JRM47R1X

Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi guys, this is the email from Bethesda I mentioned in chat earlier.
We hope you’re having fun exploring the Wasteland in Fallout 4. We know your followers are eager to hear more about the game. If you’d like to reveal when your review or launch coverage will run, you can share beginning this Friday, November 6 at 10 a.m. PST.

Please keep in mind that the embargo below is still in place.

All review coverage is under embargo until Monday, November 9 at 8 a.m. EST.

This embargo also includes streaming gameplay footage or posting impressions from your experience on social media, etc.

We do ask that you avoid including story spoilers in your review coverage.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

The Bethesda PR team
If I'm reading it correctly, what it's saying is that:

A) The embargo itself lifts on Monday, November 9 at 8 a.m. EST, which is when you can actually start sharing reviews, gameplay footage, etc.

B) You have to wait until Friday, November 6 at 10 a.m. PST to start telling people the exact time you're going to start sharing your particular review, footage, etc, which may be at the moment the embargo lifts or later.

So for example if I have gameplay footage I plan to make publicly available starting on November 8th at Noon EST, I cannot publicly announce that specific time any earlier than Nov 6th at 10 AM PST.

If I'm wrong then I apologise for the confusion! Just wasn't sure if Cohh was aware of this as it seems a lot of people weren't!
CohhCarnage

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:06 pm

Hey man!

No problems at all dude, thanks for the info. These things can get really complicated when information is so scarce and multiple dates are floating around.

I don't have any comments on this yet :D Keep your eyes on Twitter!

<3