I built a fort on top of Red Rocket...

scarycherrycrow

Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:53 am

Why?
Reasons.

I even gave it a basketball hoop.

And all the turrets in the world. I'm having so much fun in this game.

What are you guys building?
gamerMonkk

Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:42 pm

Nice pics and base! What system specs are you running? Looking mighty fine.
Feel free to add me on steam:
scarycherrycrow

Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:05 pm

Thanks!

I'm running it on Ultra at the moment. It actually recommended High graphics to me, but my framerate was suffering, specifically indoors. I tried lowering the graphics and it only got worse, which was really odd.
So I put it up to Ultra and it's actually running better than if it was on High.

It's been a while since I built it, but I remember most of the parts: 8GB memory, i7 4770K @ 3.5GHz, and a GTX 760 w/ 3GB RAM
ticktock1231

Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:56 pm

That is great! Do you have anyone living there or is it just your personal place?
scarycherrycrow

Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:08 pm

Only one person has come so far, but I expect I'll get more eventually. Maybe I'll turn it into a tower when that day comes!
gamerMonkk

Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:13 am

[QUOTE="Aellakins, post: 29854, member: 62696"]Thanks!

I'm running it on Ultra at the moment. It actually recommended High graphics to me, but my framerate was suffering, specifically indoors. I tried lowering the graphics and it only got worse, which was really odd.
So I put it up to Ultra and it's actually running better than if it was on High.

It's been a while since I built it, but I remember most of the parts: 8GB memory, i7 4770K @ 3.5GHz, and a GTX 760 w/ 3GB RAM[/QUOTE]

Ah very nice. That is odd about the graphics settings though. In a month I should have a similar build, just more RAM and a GTX 970. Can't wait to play this game.

You should update us with your expansion of this base, it really is a good idea. How are the AI with stairs?
LyonsDeFlamand

Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:08 pm

This is my base, my base is amazing. I'll post one of the castle later
scarycherrycrow

Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:35 pm

That looks awesome!
I'm saving up materials in order to build a massive base somewhere eventually.
For gamerMonkk, so far the Red Rocket fort is doing well. I've got about 11 people there and happiness is now above 80. They seem to have no problems with figuring out how to get up to their beds either. The turrets are all in good spots too, so it's very easy to defend. The only thing I've found annoying is trying to get water to the place... a lot of the ground is covered in concrete, so if you want good amounts of water, you've gotta put a bunch of pumps right next to each other.
Panfoo_

Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:28 am

That is so sick lol... I'm looking forward to my second playthrough where I use the unlimited settler size and resources mods after i beat the game legit on survival. Thanks for posting, makes a great idea for this place!
scarycherrycrow

Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:36 pm

So I also made a large structure at Abernathy Farms. I had to use the unlimited size mod and give myself some materials, but I really just wanted to see what could be done. The space in Abernathy Farms is HUGE, and it needed more than crops.

If only I could turn it into some kind of hotel.

Here's the front. I had to put bridges up underneath the overhang otherwise it looked absolutely ridiculous with no support. This isn't much better, but at least it's something. As you can see, I also put junk fences around the entire property. That took a long time...

The picture below is the first floor you enter. There is a level below and, as you can see, above. I decided to make it open because I just liked the look. I've put a bunch of traders in this area since taking this screenshot. It would also make a nice bar area.

This is the upstairs recreation room. I still need to decorate it with items, but it's got the main decorations for now.

Here's the view to the level below from the rec area.

Here's some pictures of the average suite. They're all one bedroom with toilet/bath/tv.
Image Image

I was starting to eek over the boundary limit on one side, so I had to make the rooms much smaller. They don't have toilets or baths, but they do have entertainment at least.

Last shot here is of the roof, where I've got 4 generators and tons of spotlights/laser turrets for defense.

WHEW. Sorry for the picture overload. I just spent a lot of time on this and wanted to share, haha. There is a lower level not included in here, but it's essentially just a giant open area that I'm going to turn into a workshop and power armor storage space.
gamerMonkk

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:22 am

Looks nice. Keep up the good work!
RodRacin

Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:23 pm

All these bases make me want to build a badass one myself but I get distracted so easily i cant even finish a quest for the life of me...
champzzzz

Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:03 pm

loving these settlement ideas! cant wait to build a monster of a base myself