All tips and useful information combined on one thread!

Panfoo_

Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:21 pm

I thought it might be helpful for newcomers to be able to click on one thread for information, since Fallout is currently having huge success on twitch. If a moderator wants to sticky this, And/or make a brand new thread like this to sticky that's awesome, just trying to help the community.

That being said, here's the list of tips i've learned from playing, reading reddit, and watching streams. If anyone else has anything to add please post it and i'll add it to the list, as I don't have too much to add atm.

General Information:

1. Items, locks, loot in general respawns over time. Make sure if you find that sweet area to loot, to go back to it!

2. Pick up guns off of the ground to obtain the ammo in them, you can drop/salvage them at any time afterwards.

3. If you're just starting off and want to gain a few extra levels quicky at the start, go to the starting settlement (Sanctuary directly ahead of you after you leave vault 111) scrap everything you can aside from the armor/weapons work bench, then go to any wall of any building already there, placing every metal sign you can on it. You can stack all of these signs in one location. Each sign gives 4 exp, and nets you a quick 5 levels, then you can scrap all of them and still have around 250 steel for building!

Settlement:

1. The bell is under Resources > Misc. I've seen a lot of people asking. For what it does, it makes all of your settlers come to that location.

2. For your settlements, your defense needs to add up to be higher than your combined food + water, or they'll be attacked often.

3. To keep your settlers happy, make sure you have more beds than people, high food/water, and an even higher defence.

4. The amount of settlers you can have at once is 10+ Charisma level + 1 (Being a companion)

5. If your settlement is attacked, your generators, water pumps, and turrets can be destroyed. Place them smartly and repair afterwards if needed.

Orginization:

1. Put a - in front of all of your main guns for easy organization in your inventory

2. This is a useful website to keep track of which bobbleheads, magazines, and unique weapons. Just make an account and ready to use! http://www.fallouttracker.com/#!/

Other:

A few tweaks to the settings to make the game run smoother: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/154398 ... c-version/

A few exploits currently in the game incase anyone who doesn't have much time wants to rush through, or feel extremely over-powered (Warning, this can EASILY ruin your experience):
- (Unlimited caps and other supplies)
[MEDIA=youtube]w4mqwtdBXqw[/MEDIA]

- (Unlimited S.P.E.C.I.A.L. points)
[MEDIA=youtube]58tR1MF06yA[/MEDIA]