Fallout 4 Crashing - Please help~!

o0Marked0o

Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:33 pm

Hi,

I have a problem I hope someone has and figured out how to fix it. My fallout 4 is crashing and random points in the city and on story missions. Nothing I have tried has been able to fix this. I run a i7-4790k, 16gigs of ram,and 2 gtx 980 sli. I have check video drivers... lol. I have also configured the settings for the game in almost every possible way. I have also disabled sli. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have even gone in and limited my frames and unlimited them. when this crash happens there is no message, just a straight to desktop crash. I really hope someone can help me out with this because I have googled my lil heart out and tried every fix that is on there. no one else seems to have the same problems I am. If you have any ideas I would be glad to hear them. Thanks!
Panfoo_

Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:46 pm

[QUOTE="o0Marked0o, post: 29894, member: 35640"]Hi,

I have a problem I hope someone has and figured out how to fix it. My fallout 4 is crashing and random points in the city and on story missions. Nothing I have tried has been able to fix this. I run a i7-4790k, 16gigs of ram,and 2 gtx 980 sli. I have check video drivers... lol. I have also configured the settings for the game in almost every possible way. I have also disabled sli. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have even gone in and limited my frames and unlimited them. when this crash happens there is no message, just a straight to desktop crash. I really hope someone can help me out with this because I have googled my lil heart out and tried every fix that is on there. no one else seems to have the same problems I am. If you have any ideas I would be glad to hear them. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Try some things on this page: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/154398 ... c-version/

Let me know the results, I will try to help
o0Marked0o

Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:58 pm

Hey thanks man, I'm going to go through this list and look at them. I hope it works I will keep you posted.
Panfoo_

Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:06 pm

[QUOTE="o0Marked0o, post: 29900, member: 35640"]Hey thanks man, I'm going to go through this list and look at them. I hope it works I will keep you posted.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, i'll be on for about another hour, so if I don't hear from you by then i'll definitely check in the morning and see all the solutions I can find. ^^
o0Marked0o

Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:52 pm

ok so those tweaks make the game run better.... but from what I read and to anyone else out there playing... don't save while entering/exiting a building or when fast traveling. It corrupts your game file and makes those areas crash for your later in the game. I now have to delete my saves because of it.
Panfoo_

Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:55 pm

[QUOTE="o0Marked0o, post: 29904, member: 35640"]ok so those tweaks make the game run better.... but from what I read and to anyone else out there playing... don't save while entering/exiting a building or when fast traveling. It corrupts your game file and makes those areas crash for your later in the game. I now have to delete my saves because of it.[/QUOTE]

Damn, i'm glad you found out the problem and made it run better, but sorry you have to restart. I was 18 hours in on day 2 and restarted to play survival mode instead haha.

Now, if you want to instantly be as powerful as you were on your charecter instead of restarting, check out this thread I made https://www.cohhilition.com/threads/all ... ead.12056/ with a few exploits. If you weren't too far in, I'd say 30 hours or less, try restarting and doing things differently, and on survival! It can still be an amazing experience.
o0Marked0o

Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:08 pm

Thanks man haha I had about 50 hours in... so I'm a lil salty right now but we will make do haha
thegamer248

Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:55 pm

Hey i might have the answer to your problem. In fact i had the same issue with Witcher 3 and beleave it or not the problem was that my graphics card is overclocked. Its one of those u buy overclocked already. So in order to make the witcher 3 run without crashes i had to clock it down and it runs smooth as silck. Than i played Fallout 4 and bumm the same issue random crashes to desktop without notification. So i decided to clock it down again aaaaand it runs super smooth since than. I use MSI Afterburner and do on Core Clock -37Mhz. U might want to give it a try.

Cheers!
o0Marked0o

Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:54 pm

Thanks I'm going to give that a try!
ToyzRUsKid

Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:47 pm

[QUOTE="o0Marked0o, post: 29894, member: 35640"]Hi,

I have a problem I hope someone has and figured out how to fix it. My fallout 4 is crashing and random points in the city and on story missions. Nothing I have tried has been able to fix this. I run a i7-4790k, 16gigs of ram,and 2 gtx 980 sli. I have check video drivers... lol. I have also configured the settings for the game in almost every possible way. I have also disabled sli. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have even gone in and limited my frames and unlimited them. when this crash happens there is no message, just a straight to desktop crash. I really hope someone can help me out with this because I have googled my lil heart out and tried every fix that is on there. no one else seems to have the same problems I am. If you have any ideas I would be glad to hear them. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I have a similar build: 4790K, 16gig ram, 980Ti SLIx2. I did a complete OS reinstall to ensure all drivers were installed from the latest versions. I got no crashes for the first 15 hours of game play or so. Then once they started happening it has been nonstop. I can't even play more than a minute without a crash. I have tried all manner of fixes posted on the forums. Installed Steam beta patch, disabled SLI, tried previous saves, ran in windowed mode, adjusted video settings. Nothing seems to work. I'm going to delete all saves and start fresh tonight and turn off all auto saves, this is the one thing I have not tried. I'm guessing save corruption is the culprit (I'm hoping). I will update my findings.
o0Marked0o

Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:54 pm

So I tried lowering my clock speeds on my cards and no dice. I have read however that you shouldn't delete your save files because Bethesda knows about this issue and they are planning to patch it. It sucks but at least they know. I wont be playing till they fix it because if its going to just happen again then I don't want to waste more time. So if your having these issues like the people that have posted and myself, I would just stay outside the city and explore or wait for the patch.