Archetype Suggestion thread

pappabeardk

Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:28 am

For Cohh and others to get inspired for Current/Future playthroughs :)

Barbarian Build

S : 7 Minimum
P : -
E : 5 Minimum
C : -
I : 2 Maximum
A : -
L : -

Melee only. Lasers and Blackpowder (including explosives) is Voodoo and should be shunned!

Strong Followers. Only muscular followers, i.e. Strong / Danse

Violent Nature. If it can be solved with violence, it must be.

Limited Addiction. Mind drugs are for weaklings. Buffout/Psycho only

Techphobia. Some terminals can't be avoided, but use of them should be kept to a minimum.

Persona:

This is your average brute. Not smart enough for sarcasm, but strong enough to not need it. Violence is ALWAYS an option. The opposite sex is a distraction, unless they are suitably physically impressive.

Character Refference:

Dave the Barbarian.

Optional Hardmode:

No turrets in settlements, Walls only.

Hope this can inspire someone, and if it does, I'd love to see pictures :)
ticktock1231

Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:59 am

I had to look up Dave the Barbarian, and now I remember that cartoon. Pretty good stuff. This sounds like a crazy hard play through, but also very fun. Nice work :)
MavenOfMisfortune

Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:08 am

If you're putting INT as low as 2, can I suggest putting it at 1 instead? That way, you can get Idiot Savant and milk the most from it over the course of the game. Otherwise, your Barbarian build is going to be super slow to level. And I think it'd fit the archetype's character too. ^_^
pappabeardk

Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:18 am

Working on another, but haven't put it to paper yet hehe

EDIT: Here is the 2nd build.

Gunslinger Build

S : 2
P : 7
E : 2
C : 3
I : 2
A : 4
L : 8

Pitolero. Pistols only. Laser/plasma/whatever, as long as it's a pistol.

No Followers. Lone Wanderer is a must. This spec is all about a man and his gun.

Grim Reaper's Sprint. This perk is also a must. The gunslinger can get of almost as many shots as an assault rifle.

Gunman. Aim for 8 agility pretty early in the build, so you can get Quick Hands

Tactical Sense. Grenades and Mines are a core part of the Gunslingers tactical plan. Blow up your enemies, and then drop in with your gun to finish them, and look good doing so

Persona:

This is your lone gunman, pistol blazing, saving the day. Then riding off into the sunset. All about the special bond between a man and his favorite gun, this build aims to have you attack as much as possible in as short a time as possible with a gun.

Character Refference:

Star Lord (pre-guardians), Doc Holiday

Optional Hardmode:

Who needs Power Armor anyway?
pappabeardk

Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am

Updated to add the 2nd build :)
SunlitKarma

Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:01 pm

Watching Coh and Dansgaming play on Survival difficulty told me that it would not be my cup of tea. There were too many bullet sponges and Legendary enemies didn't seem as special as they could be b/c they appeared too often. So I sought out to adjust the game to a different kind of difficulty. I'm currently playing at 1 Endurance and 1 Strength. The rest of my points are spread more or less evenly, but I've taken a lot of Charisma and Luck perks. My character is very prone to one or two shot kills, but so are the enemies. I'm forced to use chems quite often, even in power armor. The Mysterious Stranger has saved my butt several times. The Wasteland Wanderer perk makes up for the lost carry weight. I'm finding it an interesting difficulty and a lot of fun. I think people might enjoy the concept on subsequent playthroughs.