The Adonis - A post game playthrough

Raktus

Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:44 am

So I played through and beat the game in about 60 hours. I did a marginal job of exploring and basically focused on the main story things I wanted to do. Instead of doing all the side stuff on my completed game, I decided to start over based on an idea I found out...

If you have 10 in a stat and find its bobblehead, you will have a permanent 11.
You cannot get the bobblehead first, as it will max out at 10 that way.

What I've chosen to do is avoid as many quests as I can. I don't want to do any main content until after I've gotten everything. What is everything? Every magazine in the Commonwealth! So far, I've collected all but one (You have to do Main Story pretty far to get to it's location) Amazingly Awesome Tales and the effort has gotten me to around level 22. That's been enough to get my Strength/Charisma/Agility up to 10. All my Stats started at 4, my Endurance is currently a 9, and I found a strength bobblehead to get that to 11.

Everywhere I go, I pick up every single item. Every piece of scrap. Sometimes I hobble back to the entrance with 800 weight and make multiple trips to get it back to Sanctuary. No ashtray or broken coffee cup has ever been left behind.

My character will become an 'Adonis' of the Commonwealth.
Perfect in every way.
Then I will play the game's main story...
Lolzbot234

Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:04 am

I really like that idea. Didn't know about the permanent 11, thanks for the tip fellow dweller.
Raktus

Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:14 pm

Just a visual update to how things are going!
In addition to this, I've also built an adhesive farm in Sanctuary and dressed everyone in army fatigues/helmets :-)
chiverz99

Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:15 pm

[QUOTE="raktus, post: 30311, member: 31390"]Just a visual update to how things are going!
In addition to this, I've also built an adhesive farm in Sanctuary and dressed everyone in army fatigues/helmets :) [/QUOTE]
There's only one thing you're missing out on, as you can actually max ONE stat out at twelve. At the beginning of the game (or after) you need to put ten into a stat, then before getting the SPECIAL book make sure to drink alcohol or take chems; this makes it so it takes two of the stat you want (temporarily) and lets you boost it to eleven, from here you get the bobblehead and max it at twelve.