Favorite Faction/Group

dystopian_nights

Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:58 pm

Hey guys, (first post)

Just finished Fallout 4 in its entirety (besides the grinding of levels for all the perks), so I decided to boot up New Vegas. I realized IMMEDIATELY that I missed New Vegas--better in terms of a lot of things (in my mind). Of course, I know this is a subjective post. Vanilla New Vegas (even though frustrating due to technical issues) is still in my top 5 games of all time.

My question to you, the reader, the forum dweller, the gearhead/raider/BOS/NCR/legion... whatever you may call your affiliation, what is your favorite faction/group (major or minor) and why?

To be honest, I still don't know mine, though The Chairmen of The Tops seem to be "cool" enough, haha. I'm interested in what yall have to say.
judostar25

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:55 pm

Brotherhood of Steel is my favourite faction. To me, they're like the NCR/Minutemen/Institute but more militaristic and structured. Plus they've always been so cool. The Operators are a close second for me.
Mass Effect Enthusiast, Licensed Witcher, Post-Apocalyptic Survivor, Dragon Killer and Rambo extraordinaire. Oh and also a Whovian.
Malta1565

Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:36 am

I like the minutemen due to how they wanted to rebuild and how closely they were connected to the settlements.
judostar25

Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:40 am

[QUOTE="malta1565, post: 43659, member: 8977"]I like the minutemen due to how they wanted to rebuild and how closely they were connected to the settlements.[/QUOTE]
I would like the minutemen more if Preston didn't give radiant quests to defend settlements all the time. Best thing I ever did was turn into a raider because of Nuka World and tell Preston there's no way I'm changing and killing my newfound friends and, as a result, he doesn't want to talk to me. I get all my minutemen radiant quests from the radio; which I don't mind because Freedom Radio is nice to listen to.
Mass Effect Enthusiast, Licensed Witcher, Post-Apocalyptic Survivor, Dragon Killer and Rambo extraordinaire. Oh and also a Whovian.
RachelB_67

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:44 pm

I enjoyed the NCR faction quests in New Vegas more than the others, although I did find the BOS quests interesting.

However, I must say that I enjoyed the faction quests in Fallout 4 more, especially the Railroad. Very well done. The Brotherhood of Steel was also very good, and suitably uncomfortable in parts.

The way Bethesda implemented the Minutemen started off okay, then went downhill. Too many radiant quests, dumping a key title on you without earning it...I don't know who thought that was a good idea, but it didn't make much sense to me. They also did not flesh out the settlement mechanics enough, which had quite a few issues.