How to make Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4 stream safe

TheWeekendSlice

Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:07 am

Hi all,

As you know in Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4 there are radios that play licensed music that is clearly not ok for Twitch / Youtube. I have dug around for info and I have found a way to replace the licensed music in these games with stream safe music (I used music from the musician Popsky). Or you can replace the licensed music with blank audio files or music files encoded to have the lowest possible volume.

What I did should replace all the music for both the pip-boy radios and the radios that are found in the environment.

For Fallout 4 I found 2 mods that I used, one which disables the environmental radios (the pip-boy ones work) and another which is supposed to replace all the music for all the radio stations.
It takes a long time to do what I did because you have to manually rename lots of music files, encode files for the proper bitrate and format (fallout 3 has both sterero and mono mp3s of the music and mono wav files of the music. New Vegas has mp3s of the music and ogg files of the music and you have to rename your choice of music files to match the file names of the music that came with the games to 100% match).

Here is the info on what I did: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php? ... vironment/