Viable Build?

MalefikGamer

Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:16 am

Abyss is the first PoE league I have done and I really don't know what I am doing. All I know is I wanted to play PoE and figured I would just see how it went. I decided to play SSF because I didn't want to worry about trading just wanted to dive in and see how it went.

I am not following a build at this time just wanted to see what I got in drops and make decisions from there. So I got Molten Strike pretty early and I didn't really care for how it worked alone....then I got Ancestral Call Support and that pretty much changed the game for Molten Strike. With that linked gem I am REALLY liking MS now.

So with those 2 gems in mind....what should I be looking for to really amp up a MS build?
SpencerMD

Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:22 pm

You need to be looking up a decent Molten strike build on the PoE forums, I'd recommend using a build for 3.1 because they're a few changes to most builds. SSF is probably the worse thing you could of done for your first play through for PoE, without trading or currency you will really struggle towards end game when your resistances go way down and need to buy gear to up them. If you're choosing MS then I'm guessing you're are a Marauder/duellist?

[EDIT]
Here are some viable duelist MS builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2049166
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037160
Arandur87

Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:25 am

I actually am playing a MS Chieftain currently as my league starter and swapped for some time to a Glacial Hammer Inquisitor to safely farm some gear and currency.

I will write a small guide to my build in the subforums. If you want to talk about stuff, let me know.
Ingame char name: Lavaballsoffury
MalefikGamer

Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:16 am

Thanks for the info....I'll have to check into those builds and see which best fits my play style. I know SSF is going to make it harder but that is just how I prefer to play...especially for my first run because then I can just focus on playing the game and enjoying the surprise of not knowing what I will get.

Awesome Arandur87 I also have Glacial Hammer but I don't really like that as much but I'm probably just not using it right.
This characters name is Malefikgamer so look me up if you want.