Newbie question.

Cleardale

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:11 pm

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to make regular aoe spells act like an aura. Similar to how blasphemy turns a curse into one.
Arandur87

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:35 am

So what you have in mind is something like Firestorm-Aura?
Apparently that doesnt't work.

The only way for a “damage spell aura“ is using the Death's Oath unique chestpiece or playing with the Righteous Fire skill.

Some kind of workaround might also be Spell Totems or using a Cast on crit strike/cast on hit setup, where Cyclone is used to procc Spells like Ice Nova, Frostbold, Discharge or similar skills.
Cleardale

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:08 am

Specifically I was looking for making Contagion act like an aura. Looks like there's no way to do it. I've been playing a Chaos damage witch working around Contagion and running like a chicken with my head cut off. Thanks though.
Arandur87

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:36 am

Well, if you're playing a Chaos themed Witch, you could go and try out an Occultist CI build with Death's Oath.

You can look up the video guide of Pohx on Youtube. You basically buff up the Aura of the Chestpiece and kill mobs by running around with 2 Blasphemy curses active and using the Aura. On Bosses/Breaches/Abysses you drop a Spelltotem with Wither and use Blight to ramp up your DPS.