Cyberpunk VoDs.

Post any and all ideas about improving or changes to the Twitch channel.
Cruxis87

Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:36 pm

So with the release of Cyberpunk in a few weeks, I was wondering if Cohh will be continuing to delete VoDs, when the game has an implemented "streamer mode"? I live in Australia, so Cohh streams from midnight to 8am. Even with a terrible sleep schedule of going to sleep of a 3, 4, or 5 am, I'll still be missing a huge chunk of the stream. That's if I decide to watch live, which I may not do to avoid spoilers. The streams are going to be on YT, but I don't like YT VoDs for a few reasons. I haven't watched any of Cohhs YT VoDs since BattleTech, since these issues have not wanted me to try it again, so some of these issues might have been fixed since then. The first issue being, that having half hour segments means there's that slight break in continuity between videos. While not a huge negative, it still breaks the immersion and the flow of watching briefly. The second is that the YT auto play isn't perfect, and can sometimes skip forward several episodes, or even go a completely unrelated video from a whole different channel. This is ruins the immersion and vibe even more than the previous point. The third and most important issue, is not being able to see chat. A huge aspect of watching a livestream over a Lets Play, is the chat reaction to events. Cohh also often replies to people in chat, and while most of the time he does read the question out, or pop it on stream, there's still a significant amount that he doesn't, so not knowing what he's answering is often frustrating, especially if it a gameplay mechanic or storyline aspect.

With the game having most of its own music, and having a streamer mode, I don't see why the VoDs will be needed to be deleted. Things can always change in the future, so keeping them up for a month, or even a week will still be great. I'm sure there are many people that also feel the same way, so it would be great if we could still experience the stream the way it's intended, instead of a scuffed, watered down version. But I understand if it's not something that will be happening, and will be disappointed to miss out of Cohhs play through.
BarryCarlyon

Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:55 am

Going forwards it is our standard policy to no longer have Twitch Vods.

(At any given point ownership. licenses can and will change and in some cases a dev presses the wrong button and we get claims when we are not supposed to, this happened with Rebel Galaxy and Ghostrunner, the music was _supposed_ to be cleared but we got claims on it)

Continuity has improved on the gaps between videos (as seen when doing a rerun comparing a older rerun to a newer rerun). (It used to be the next episode would rewind a few seconds, but that's less so these days)

Can't comment on autoplay, YouTube should follow the playlist order.

And chat is it's own complication, on if we can legally present that somewhere else for it to be read in parraelelellelelelelelel to the video stream
liuzhaoqi

Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:22 am

BarryCarlyon wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:55 am
Going forwards it is our standard policy to no longer have Twitch Vods.

(At any given point ownership. licenses can and will change and in some cases a dev presses the wrong button and we get claims when we are not supposed to, this happened with Rebel Galaxy and Ghostrunner, the music was _supposed_ to be cleared but we got claims on it)

Continuity has improved on the gaps between videos (as seen when doing a rerun comparing a older rerun to a newer rerun). (It used to be the next episode would rewind a few seconds, but that's less so these days)

Can't comment on autoplay, YouTube should follow the playlist order.

And chat is it's own complication, on if we can legally present that somewhere else for it to be read in parraelelellelelelelelel to the video stream
You definitely can legally show chat with your video, and here‘s some idea on how to present chat with vod: https://twitcharchives.com/video/40730748910
And I made a post about how to download chat and render it as video, also made a demo for it. I also DM’d Redeyemoster, got no response.

And if thats too much work, mabe just leave the vod up for like 24 hours
liuzhaoqi

Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:37 am

Cruxis87 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:36 pm
So with the release of Cyberpunk in a few weeks, I was wondering if Cohh will be continuing to delete VoDs, when the game has an implemented "streamer mode"? I live in Australia, so Cohh streams from midnight to 8am. Even with a terrible sleep schedule of going to sleep of a 3, 4, or 5 am, I'll still be missing a huge chunk of the stream. That's if I decide to watch live, which I may not do to avoid spoilers. The streams are going to be on YT, but I don't like YT VoDs for a few reasons. I haven't watched any of Cohhs YT VoDs since BattleTech, since these issues have not wanted me to try it again, so some of these issues might have been fixed since then. The first issue being, that having half hour segments means there's that slight break in continuity between videos. While not a huge negative, it still breaks the immersion and the flow of watching briefly. The second is that the YT auto play isn't perfect, and can sometimes skip forward several episodes, or even go a completely unrelated video from a whole different channel. This is ruins the immersion and vibe even more than the previous point. The third and most important issue, is not being able to see chat. A huge aspect of watching a livestream over a Lets Play, is the chat reaction to events. Cohh also often replies to people in chat, and while most of the time he does read the question out, or pop it on stream, there's still a significant amount that he doesn't, so not knowing what he's answering is often frustrating, especially if it a gameplay mechanic or storyline aspect.

With the game having most of its own music, and having a streamer mode, I don't see why the VoDs will be needed to be deleted. Things can always change in the future, so keeping them up for a month, or even a week will still be great. I'm sure there are many people that also feel the same way, so it would be great if we could still experience the stream the way it's intended, instead of a scuffed, watered down version. But I understand if it's not something that will be happening, and will be disappointed to miss out of Cohhs play through.
For the auto play problem, you need use playlist like this: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... nOjHO_3uZB
Only time you get skiped in playlist is becuase that some video are blocked.
BarryCarlyon

Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:46 pm

liuzhaoqi wrote:
You definitely can legally show chat with your video, and here‘s some idea on how to present chat with vod: https://twitcharchives.com/video/40730748910
Ok under GDRP/other privacy I wish to have my information removed from the video.

We now have to go _rerender_ the whole video and reupload.

Ok, we spot something in the video we missed the first time around and needs to be moderated/removed

liuzhaoqi wrote:
And I made a post about how to download chat and render it as video,
There are many ways on how to do it and we know how to do it.

We don't due to some legal implications that warrant further investigate.

The site you link to may also violate Twitch TOS or the Twitch Developer TOS.
The site you link to may only exist because Twitch legal isn't aware of it yet.
liuzhaoqi wrote:
You definitely can legally show chat with your video
The site you link to contains chat in a video.
I as a "owner" of the chat messages recorded in that video, could claim a DMCA as you are using my content (chat messages) without permission.

So, we could get DMCA strikes on the "chat videos"

So there are legal implications that need to be investigated before we determine what we can or cannot do with regards to chat side by side with a VOD.
This is why sites like Overrustle (and it's clones) are no more. They break the Twitch Developer TOS and Twitch legal took the hammer to them.

You may think it's legal, doesn't mean it is.
The site you link is also not "Twitch official" it's third party so you can't assume that it's legal, just because it exists.

And it's probably operating without permission from the streamers it's cataloging
liuzhaoqi wrote:
also made a demo for it. I also DM’d Redeyemoster, got no response.
If he was checking his DM's he'd of punted it to me. And we'd of said the same thing as what is in my reply to you.

And your Demo violates cohh's IP and copyrights. As you don't have permission to reproduce/modify/reuploads cohh's content.
liuzhaoqi wrote:
VOD's will be nailed as fast as possible after they have gone to YouTube. To prevent any erroneous DMCA claims that may occur
liuzhaoqi

Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:09 am

BarryCarlyon wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:46 pm
liuzhaoqi wrote:
Ok under GDRP/other privacy I wish to have my information removed from the video.

Ok, we spot something in the video we missed the first time around and needs to be moderated/removed

liuzhaoqi wrote:
And I made a post about how to download chat and render it as video,
There are many ways on how to do it and we know how to do it.

We don't due to some legal implications that warrant further investigate.

The site you link to may also violate Twitch TOS or the Twitch Developer TOS.
The site you link to may only exist because Twitch legal isn't aware of it yet.
liuzhaoqi wrote:
You definitely can legally show chat with your video
The site you link to contains chat in a video.
I as a "owner" of the chat messages recorded in that video, could claim a DMCA as you are using my content (chat messages) without permission.

So, we could get DMCA strikes on the "chat videos"

So there are legal implications that need to be investigated before we determine what we can or cannot do with regards to chat side by side with a VOD.
This is why sites like Overrustle (and it's clones) are no more. They break the Twitch Developer TOS and Twitch legal took the hammer to them.

You may think it's legal, doesn't mean it is.
The site you link is also not "Twitch official" it's third party so you can't assume that it's legal, just because it exists.

And it's probably operating without permission from the streamers it's cataloging
liuzhaoqi wrote:
also made a demo for it. I also DM’d Redeyemoster, got no response.
If he was checking his DM's he'd of punted it to me. And we'd of said the same thing as what is in my reply to you.

And your Demo violates cohh's IP and copyrights. As you don't have permission to reproduce/modify/reuploads cohh's content.
liuzhaoqi wrote:
VOD's will be nailed as fast as possible after they have gone to YouTube. To prevent any erroneous DMCA claims that may occur
By you logic, everyone on twitch can DMCA anyone with existing Vod, and this is a non problem for a reason. I won’t waste my time talking to a pass aggressive brick wall, so good day and goodbye.