Raid Battle ideas

Post any and all ideas about improving or changes to the Twitch channel.

Would you be interested in a Raid Battle system, either as a streamer or as a viewer?

no
100%
no
No votes

Total votes: 1
AzraRillian

Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:04 pm

So, this idea has been nestling in my mind for the past few weeks, and first came to me one time, when Ezekiel_III raided Cohhs stream and I noticed that each community were spamming hearts (for Cohh) and hammers (for Zeke). Raiding was something I didn’t know happened on twitch, so at the time, I thought that there was a contest between the two Communities, which there kinda was for some. However, I noticed that there wasn’t actually any formal system in which this was implemented.

The thought that came to me was that it would be cool if streamers in general could do more chat/sub interaction during raids as well as how fun it would be to have a game around raids.

My idea is basically for a program that can initiate "Raid Battles" between the two communities, which could be done like this:
  • Have a site or place where streamers or stream teams can add themselves to a list of Raiders (a raid legion?).
  • The program would then have the following features.
    • Initiate Battle: A streamer who wants to raid another channel can enter a special command, such as !StartRaid, in the chat of that channel. When the command is entered, the program then checks the site to see if the two channels are on the list, and if so, the battle begins.
    • Raid Notification: Checks the site when your channel is being raided and show a custom notifier, saying you have been raided by so and so (see more below).
    • Chat Battle: Check chat for certain emotes or custom commands, one for each community, so that chat can "battle it out" against each other, and then show a number counter or score on stream, such as "Streamer 1 XX supporters VS streamer 2 YY supporters" or something similar(again see more below).
    • Emote Combos: Certain combination of emotes give more points. Streamers could set specific emotes as valid for combos, with perhaps a max number of different emotes. A combination can either be:
      • A viewer types in three emotes in a certain order for more points
      • A viewer spams a emote, and then another viewer from the same community spams another certain emote, etc, creating a combo.
    • Highscore: When the raid is over your score is saved, either as an overall highscore or as a highscore against that specific opponent or both. Then when another opponent appears, you can try and get a higher overall score and if the same opponent appears, you can try for a higher score against that specific person, than last time.
The cool thing about all this, is that you can then also have a leaderboard of how supportive/strong each channels communities are, and perhaps have scores split up between individual streamers and different stream teams. What I mean by this, is that one leaderboard would show the score for each channels community, while the team leaderboard would show the score for the stream teams, with all the individual scores added up, and averaged for each number of streamers on the team (or some other way to make it fair for smaller teams.)

To specify a bit about the Raid Notification and the Chat Battle, what I imagine is a notification showing up on stream with the name of the two communities, and some way to see how the battle of support is going. Imagine the hud of a fighting game, such as Street Fighter, showing up on stream, with the notification, and as the score for each community rises, the "health bars" (with twich handles underneath) fill up. When they are full, or when a certain time period runs out, the winner of the raid is announced.

Certain custom features could also be added, such as custom Raid Notification for each streamer who joins the list of raiders. This can either be their own custom notification that will show up on the stream they raid, or perhaps just an Icon/symbol that shows up in the notification of the person raided.

There are also a few things that should be taken note of, such as:
  1. when a raid battle is initiated by a streamer, other raids cannot be initiated, until the current raid is over.
  2. When the chat battle starts, The program won't count each emote/command as a vote. Instead, for every X amount of emotes/commands that a person types per second (with a max of 5 or 10 at a time), you get a vote. This is to counter people from spamming 50 emotes/commands at a time in hopes of adding more votes.
  3. the statistics for the stream team leaderboards need to be averaged or weighted to take into account the different sizes of teams.
  4. If the individual leaderboard score is counted by average amount of points per viewer (during stream), this might mean that even smaller streamers would have a chance for top score (though I'm not a statistician, and i'm quite tired right now).
There were a few more things on my mind, but right now i'm too tired to think of what it was.

Also, I would love to program all of this myself, but unfortunately, I'm not too experienced with CSS, the Twitch API or the different notification utilities, and I don't have the time to learn it at the moment. But if anyone is interested in programming this, I would very much like to help with the design and in running it.

If you have any other ideas, please don't hesitate.

and of course... Good Show!!!
My name is an anagram: