Resubs no longer get dropdowns, how about Anniversaries?

Post any and all ideas about improving or changes to the Twitch channel.
matzimazing

Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:52 pm

So Cohh announced today that Resubs or people continuing their subscription, will no longer see a dropdown for them.

"I have a little over 4900 subs and I don't want to see 4900 dropdowns each month."

Also Cohh doesn't want people paying $5 just for their '5 minutes of fame' on his stream.

Good thoughts, but it does make me think.

What about those who unsub and then resub?

Not showing the drop down for resubs will lessen the number of drop downs, but it won't stop people that want their '5 minutes of fame' from seeing their name somehow.

People donate $1 a lot just to get seen. Cohh doesn't have a dollar limit on donation drop downs (maybe he should?).

And part of me also feels that it's not fair to those who resub. I wouldn't be surprised if some resubs took his decision as a slap in their face. Because honestly the resubs are the most important people, because they make up the majority of Cohh's income. So to tell the most important group of "investors" (which is really what they are -- they invest into cohh because they believe in him) that they won't be acknowledged as much, it can lead to different and not all positive responses.

It was mentioned in the chat that resubs would get a drop down at specific periods like every 3 months, every 6 months, every year, etc. I think that's a good idea, but if you're going to only congratulate resubs at certain points, the resubs should be grander, more exciting.

Perhaps like how the Top Donation dropdown has a more awesome sound from the Donation dropdown, the ReSub Anniversary dropdown should have a more awesome sound than the Subscriber dropdown.

I think that would be a good replacement for the monthly pat on the back, a huge hug on certain anniversaries.

Instead of 4900 drop downs a month, it's at least a third of that, as it only rewards them once every 3 months (or longer), and not everyone subbed at the same point. And some subs won't stay subbed for longer than a month, as some subs run out and new subs start.

I do feel resubs deserve some drop down at some point.