Here is an intersting idea that could spice things up...gambling for more points !

Post any and all ideas about improving or changes to the Twitch channel.
Empez

Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:41 am

Hey folks,

I had this thought the other day watching some streamers playing blackjack, so then i had a eureka moment !

PLEASE NOTE: this is a work in progress and everything is wide open for discussion coz im brainstorming as it comes.

We have a points base system here, so i was thinking why not create a gambling system where people(probably subs ONLY) can gamble their points to get more points.

Here is how itll work.

Mods implement bot commands for gambling. (gambling like world of warcraft /roll functon, so you roll anything higher then 80 and you win, anything lower then you lose) there will be like a set thresold of 10%(i think this could be a reasonable threshold) of your total points that you can gamble (per day? per week?)
Itll be a double edge sword like real gambling, where risk and bravery is all part of it. When you gamble, if you win then you get double your gambled points, so those brave enough and who would like to risk getting more points can try their luck.

As far as chat spam goes, i noticed there is a "Cohhwhisper" command now, so why not just make a command that whill whisper you or like a separate chat group for gambling only ?

So this is how a real life scenario would look like

Information scenario
Empez: !howtogamble
CohhHost: You can gamble 10% of your points thats ~ to 10 points

You dont have enough points scenario
Empez: !gamble 100 points
CohhHost (we are sorry you do not have that many points to gamble, please refer to !howtogamble)

Winning Scenario
Empez: !gamble 10 points
CohhHost: Empez rolls
96 and wins 20 points !

Losing Scenario
Empez: !gamble 10 points
CohhHost: Empez rolls 20 and loses 20 points !

So yeah....... thats about it,

please keep in mind this is work in progres and other things can be implemented or changed.

SO LET THE DISCUSSION COMMENCE !!!!

Thank you for reading.

ps: id appreciate if mods and cohh would have their say on this.
Malta1565

Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:02 pm

I actually believe Cohh is planning on implementing this in chat. He's mentioned it before that some sort of betting/gambling system is being worked on along with other chat improvements. But my sense is that it takes a while to code this sort of stuff and there are other things that he is doing that have higher priority. Stay tuned!