Cohh "How To" Request

Post any and all ideas about improving or changes to the Twitch channel.
HedgyV

Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:00 am

So I saw over the weekend that ITMEJP has moved his stream chat to "Sub Only" in non-Show (I.E Not RollPlay) streams. I was around when MvG moved his chat to Sub Only as well and it really hurt the stream quality IMO. When you only allow those that you agree with to speak and censor everyone else it turns out to be a net negative overall.

To be clear, I know that Twitch Chat can be the worst experience one can be a part of when the streamer/community doesn't make it a priority. This isn't a slam on streamers that choose to go "Sub Only". I just want to start a discussion on how Twitch Chat can be a great experience even in large streams and Cohh has proven that is an obtainable goal.

With that said, Cohh's Stream has become the standard (IMO) at proving that large stream chat's can not only be civil, but engaging and positive. Would it be possible for Cohh to write up a "How To" for streamers on how to maintain a great chat experience and still keep it open and non-SubOnly? I think a lot of current and future streamers would benefit a great deal from this kind of info.

Hope you are all doing well and my very best to all of you.

HedgyV