chat on youtube vods

Post any and all ideas about improving or changes to the Twitch channel.
kacekov

Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:06 am

Hi cohh and mods.

Dunno if it's possible but would be cool to be able to see twitch chat on the videos on youtube.
Cohh has been doing a great job latelly by reading first the viewers messages and then reply but when he doesn't and we are watching the videos in youtube seems like hearing a 1way phone conversation when you really want to hear what the other person is saying.

Dunno how video capture is being done and i know very little about it but i think it would be even more interesting for people watching youtube playlists (as i am, classic fallout hypes), also i knew about the stream through DA I playthrough and i remember to think sometimes that i would love to know what the questions were :)

Cheers
Kacekov
ticktock1231

Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:57 pm

I know the feeling. On some of the videos he does put the chat on there, but as you have noted not all. One way to have the chat on there is through a chrome extension called ReChat for Twitch. This isn't 100% but it works for a good part of it. It will replace the "Move Videos" part of the window with chat. You do have to watch it on twitch though, and there is a limit to how far back rechat can go. Hope this helps.
DaftBrit

Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:56 am

I know this thread is a little old, however for anyone coming across this:

understandably the twitch chat is difficult to fit into a youtube video due to the amount of space it would take on screen, however seeing chat is must for me also. With that in mind I watch the VOD's on twitch directly and use the ReChat plugin for chrome which allows you to see the chat messages as they were during the stream!!!

ReChat:
https://www.rechat.org/

This is by far the best way to watch back Cohh's stream, you get the VOD and the chat even if you couldn't be there yourself!