On-Screen Hello Center Location

Post any and all ideas about improving or changes to the Twitch channel.
CormeisterGames

Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:49 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but when I am watching the stream I find that my eyes jump between Cohh's webcam and the game screen. I hardly ever look to the Hello Center (Welcome Center? CohhHi Center? Not sure what it's called) in the corner of the screen. What about moving it to somewhere near Cohh's webcam video so that it's a bit more noticeable? That way, when someone types cohhHi, the welcome notification for that person would pop-up right near where your eye is already looking. What do you all think about that?
ticktock1231

Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:32 pm

I like the idea, the issue with the current game and overlays is that he changes them quite often. I know he could just map the queue to the change, but one of them is him behind a desk and the other is right inline with the bottom of the scree, I am not sure if either would be conducive to the queue. I do like the idea. I guess I just read chat and try to say hello to people there.
BarryCarlyon

Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:04 pm

First off, thank you for the feedback!

The idea with the hello center (on screen) is that it's supposed to be unobtrusive and as unnoticable as possible.

It does tend to move about a lot.

And we will look at different placements that don't detract toooooooo much from the game or cohh overall.
So far it's been limited to corners.
But we may experiment with camera placement.

It's all about avoiding covering the game UI too much in most cases