Giveaway Suggestions

Post any and all ideas about improving or changes to the Twitch channel.
Infinite_DeWitt

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Hey all, I'm posting this mainly because there are certain things that start to annoy me when it comes to the giveaways. One of the suggestions i have is that there should be some way to get people to not blindly enter the giveaways, because it bugs me when i see someone do !enter and then 5 seconds later ask, "Wait, what is the game being given away? :O" Add any other suggestions you feel should be said.

jackmboyle

Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:40 pm

I think that this is rather stupid on their behalf and it takes far less effort to scroll up and see than to type out the question.
Eshkeemo

Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:42 pm

Maybe set the command in the bot to have it like

!giveaway new 5 bioshock
!enter bioshock

Then they'd know the game is bioshock or something.
nbrills13

Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:03 pm

meh i think it would be an interesting idea for no one to tell them what game is being given away during/after the giveaway, if they cant say what game they have won, you draw again. Its quite unfair, but the people who are giveaway-centric and only lurk till they see giveaway would actually have to pay a small amount of attention....
credit to Eas3
Mattybrah

Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:49 pm

I agree with brills, I'm not a fan of the lurkers for giveaways if they have no interest in the cohhmunity
Infinite_DeWitt

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:10 pm

There should also be a daily limit on "Surprise Giveaways" because like yesterday, we had like 20 games given away in a period of 30 minutes, and it drew away from the stream.

Fluxuss

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:46 pm

Infinite_DeWitt wrote:There should also be a daily limit on "Surprise Giveaways" because like yesterday, we had like 20 games given away in a period of 30 minutes, and it drew away from the stream.
^ This.

Of course all these giveaways are awesome, and just that people do this, is just fantastic! But the fact that people wants to give away about 5-7+ games each, in one day. I am just impressed that the mods can keep up with it. But it gets too much for me, and I back out of the chat and lurk instead, because all of a sudden the ENTIRE chat is about the giveaways, and that is just not right, and that is not why I am here, and in the end it will drag the wrong persons to the chat, which I believe none of us are interested in.