Direct moderated backseat feedback for Cohh

Post any and all ideas about improving or changes to the Twitch channel.
Rennkar

Sat May 21, 2016 5:40 pm

Introduction

Cohh as one of biggest and simply best diversity streamers out there often find himself under pressure while learning new game types and mechanic. Cohhilition try to help - we suggest best solutions using twitch chat as an medium of communication. It work properly in limited extend as Cohh learned to count mostly on people he recognize and trust, but sheer volume of even perfectly moderated chat force him to miss important piece of information.

I would like to suggest way to enchant Cohhilition possibilities in quest of making Cohh an little less derpy then he, himself believe to be.

Idea is very simple and at first was inspired by announced custom chat system (Token based permissions/filtering) - additional channel directly connected to Cohh for people that would like to sacrifice they own time and resources in order to help get his show going smooth without damaging his own experience and/or enjoyment. Inside such custom maded chat it would be quite simple to implement, but as an regular lurker who don't know if/when it will be implemented I would like to present Direct moderated backseat feedback in short: "DiM BaF" general idea and suggest other way to eventualy implement it.

What
do I actualy suggest?

Creating direct channel of (passively) moderated backseat feedback that will allow Cohh to get solid support while exploring new games. It could be created in form of website that allow specific Cohhilition members to sent messages that will be instantly available and highlighted for Cohh.

How
it would even work?

Hight token holders (10-20k+) would be automaticaly allowed to participate. At start everyone already selected would get one special TOKEN, lets name it Backseat Token. Such token would allow him to send one message via DiM BaF system consuming such token. Such notification would be instantly visable for Cohh. If he use this tip Backseat Token will be returned and this person would be allowed to send another DiM BaF msg in another time. IMPORTANT NOTE: This system would be tailored for Cohh maximum comfort, so every participant should understand that. There is no obligation for you to participate, it is a way to help Cohh if you are 100% sure that your suggestion is actualy correct. If not, just use chat as everyone else.
Maybe add possibility to buy backseat tokens for working tokens (Like 3-5k for one). For sure add ability to blacklist anyone puting anything even remotly unpleasent (story spoilers, etc) for Cohh from such system (No matter how many tokens they have).

Why
do I believe it is a good idea?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I strongly believe that following sentence is true: Cohh encourage backseat, don't like submode and dislike tip's as an way to communicate with him. That leave only one favourite but non-ideal medium of communication - moderated free-for-all(-participans) twitch chat. Not all people who show there are are that helpful as they aprear to be. Cohh need to make nearly subconscious decisions who he can trust not mentioning noticing tips at all in chat white noise. My idea would coexist with twitch chat complementing its weak sides.

DiM BaF intend to have following features:
1. System will generate only a few short msg that will be at point under threat of excluding from ability to send future msg via DiM BaF. That mean it will not disturb normal interaction with chat. System should be fine tuned until it reach mentioned above condition.
2. Persons that are helpful will be tracked and rewarded with trust to continue supporting Cohh
3. If msg eluded Cohh attention moderators can refund Backseat Token if msg didn't violate any regulation (Wasn't misleading, untrue, story spoiler etc)

Final notes

Impulse that forced my hand to write this idea down was today TW:WH stream and problems with massive, unpleasent backseat attempt from 20k viewers. I believe that I could be evoided if system similar to one I proposed here would be already implemented.

I'm just an lurker, not an active member of this awsome community. However I would love to see Cohh stream transcending to something even better so I would enjoy it even more. I hope my suggestion could help somehow. That is why I decided to post this. Feel free to comment, add your own suggestions and/or criticize.

Given that English isn't my only nor first language I apologize for possible messy form. I hope that I was able to present this idea clearly enought.
Orkh4nn

Sun May 22, 2016 1:49 am

I agree but one thing is sure : there will always be some people who just won't respect the process. Cohh has an awesome community with a lot of very good persons but I'm pretty sure ALL won't respect the channel and it could be really difficult for moderators to look both channels.

But The idea is good.

;) ;) ;)
Rennkar

Sun May 22, 2016 7:28 am

Hey Orkh4nn thanks for you comment and support for this idea.

I would like to adress issue with moderating this second channel now:
The main point is to allow only core part of community (10-20k+ tokens). Those people are likely to follow Cohhilition motto: Happy, Helpful, Respectful. Which mean propability of intentionaly attempt to disrupt Cohh experience/enjoyment in any way is pretty low. Everyone who would like to take part in this backseat would need to accept simple, unforgiving rules. Whole system would be tailored for Cohh maximum comfort and no one would be obligated or even encouraged to take part in it. So basicaly all moderations needed would be to simply police it when system was missused that would occur only once per person who show that he/she wouldn't like to participate anymore. I would even say that peoples willing to take part in DiM BaF would be moderators of some sort themselves. They would sacrefice they own time and resources to enchant Cohh learning experience with suggestions that he can count on.
Remember this system don't intend to substitute but to complement chat experience. Chat will be a main and prefered way to communicate with Cohh as he (I believe) prefered it to be.

I saw many veterans trying to give correct suggestion on an equal footing with flood of feedback from newcomers/lurkers like myself. Obviuosly they (veterans) should have better way to do so. It isn't must-have system, but I believe that it would be a step in right direction.