makeshift quality settings

Post any and all ideas about improving or changes to the Twitch channel.
gstringbass

Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Since twitch won't partner Cohh he doesn't have lower quality options for his stream. This is a big problem since many viewers can't handle 720p streams. This not only affects viewers but it prevents Cohh from reaching the 400 viewer goal to become partnered.

I have a potential solution that might be worth looking into. If Cohh's internet could handle another stream being uploaded he could use a capture card to send his video to another pc to stream at a lower quality on an alternate Twitch account.

This is probably to much work to be a feasable option but it is a suggestion.
ImTyphoon

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Who's gonna buy the capture card? And if you can't handle 720p it's just bad. :p
Domin0e_

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Alernate account = Cohh still not reaching 400 viewers on his main account to get partnered. :P
"Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion."
gstringbass

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:50 pm

I imagine we would need to help Cohh get funds for a capture card. specifically an external one like those used for consoles. Cohh seems to prioritize the viewers over getting his partnership and I've heard him express his desire for a variable quality option for the people who can't handle 720p streams. Getting a partnership would require Cohh to have 400 viewers for at least an hour 3 times a week, once Cohh reaches a point where his combined viewership exceeds that requirement, I am sure his lower quality viewers wouldn't mind putting his main account on for an hour of less enjoyable viewing. I just wanted to throw out a possible solution and get some constructive conversation going about a problem that some people have with Cohh's channel.
acidicpure

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:16 am

Cohh starts dropping frames etc when his downloading from Steam, it's probably unlikely that two streams running at the same time from his connection would benefit him other than cause more headaches.
Degobear

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:03 am

Honestly it's an awful lot of hassle, your head was in the right place when you suggested this. But, it's just simply not a viable option. Plus, to be unable to watch a 720p stream you must have very naff Internet.
gstringbass

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:11 pm

Fair enough