CAPS Warnings and Banned

Post any and all ideas about improving or changes to the Twitch channel.
BrosFistingBros

Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:56 pm

I was a non sub for a few days until my indecent today. Yesterday I spoke in CAPS twice and today during E3 I got excited. To my surprise the warning rolled over from yesterday. Watching E3 I didn't even notice I hit a 10 minute ban with the chat spam and breaks chatting watching the conference full screen. The next step up from 10 minutes is a whole 24 hour ban. As something subs can do including me for the past 3 years I never knew non-subs were punished this hard for CAPS. What is the decay for warnings? They should not roll over from the previous stream yesterday. Why the jump from 10 minutes to 24 hours? I think 1-2 hours max for 4+ warnings would be enough to get the message across and still limit the amount of non-sub all CAPS messages. Adding a 12 hour warning decay timer would also insure that warnings will refresh every day.

BrosFistingBros
BarryCarlyon

Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:34 am

This has been the standard caps escalation rule since the Caps rule was introduced.

Before receiving your 24 hours you were warned twice. First time with a purge, the second with a 10 minutes.

The third stage shouldn't happen as you should know that caps are auto-hammered.

Subscribers are not exempt from caps they just don't get auto hammered for it.

We do not discuss the criteria that affects the decay timer, as that makes it easier for abusers of caps to violate the caps rule. But there is a decay timer.

Further more, you have not been banned. You have been served a timeout, not a channel ban
BrosFistingBros

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:31 pm

Yeah I didn't know warnings rolled over from the previous day. Never been in a situation where I could notice that.