Automatic playlist generation?

For all the Suggestions and Feedback for https://vodchat.cohhilition.com/
aherisanu

Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:37 am

Hi,
I usually won't be able to see the late night shows, so I watch them on YouTube so Ad Revenue should be a thing.

Would it be possible to shorten the time between a vod being displayed on Youtube and the playlist generation on vodchat?

Currently The Tainted Grail is at episode 17 at youtube by 5 on vodchat. The same with Solasta: 66 and posted 12 hours ago on YouTube and 46 on vodchat.

Another thing that I love on YouTube is that it displays when it was posted. This way I now which episode is new and I didn't watch before.

Nice work with vodchat! Real cool. :cohhH: :cohhH:
BarryCarlyon

Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:52 am

Would it be possible to shorten the time between a vod being displayed on Youtube and the playlist generation on vodchat?

Currently The Tainted Grail is at episode 17 at youtube by 5 on vodchat. The same with Solasta: 66 and posted 12 hours ago on YouTube and 46 on vodchat.
This is planned just not in the current build as the current build is checking to make sure things work as expected and building up a "good" basis of chat enabled entries. Only around 100 videos have the chat enabled as it is (it's a manual process)

So automation for playlists/videos is planned it's just not in and working yet.

If you also check the Solasta playlist you'll find that around 15/20 episodes (that are on the vodchat site) don't have chat enabled yet as it is, so just auto adding the new videos you'll still not have chat on them, since thats a manual process after the video is in the index.
Another thing that I love on YouTube is that it displays when it was posted. This way I now which episode is new and I didn't watch before.
Watched status is being considered as suggsted in viewtopic.php?f=140&t=30224&sid=44c14e1 ... 3754e81185