Chat filter funtions similar to FFZ and twitch things

For all the Suggestions and Feedback for https://vodchat.cohhilition.com/
Liminaly

Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:39 am

Great to see something this wanted in the twitch community is feasible now good work cohhBarry.

Suggested features
How about some basic chat filter options like not showing !enter etc. like FFZ has. This is something I use frequently to not loose sight of chat that would just spam the chat area and make conversations impossible to follow when a giveaway happens. Would be nice if it's Global blocking of key phrases like !enter or other specific !commands Cohh or you think might detract

Ideally if the FFZ plugin or the like could interact directly with the VodChat that'd be awesome but suspect that's highly unlikely so this is what's on my wishlist for now. :cohhHmm:

[most of this is to get similar feel to the functionality experienced when using a twitch vod]
When you don't start at the beginning of the video fill chat with the last few messages to fill the chat area and not have an empty window only showing newly added messages from that point onward. Similar when you jump positions forward or backward in a video.
Also, maybe clear chat history when you select an earlier time on the progress bar, so that chat text from the future doesn't get appended by older chat text

Edit:

ps. Sticking to the standard twitch chat width would also be a great to keep the feel the same, especially with "emote art", same for the text font and color.

Cheers :cohhGG:
BarryCarlyon

Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:38 am

Liminaly wrote:
How about some basic chat filter options like not showing !enter etc. like FFZ has.
I'm just gonna update and remove !enter all together
Liminaly wrote:
Ideally if the FFZ plugin or the like could interact directly with the VodChat that'd be awesome but suspect that's highly unlikely so this is what's on my wishlist for now. :cohhHmm:
yeah thats not gonna happen, since FFZ is a plugin for a Twitch, not a plugin for third party stuff that is a plugin for Twitch.
Liminaly wrote:
When you don't start at the beginning of the video fill chat with the last few messages to fill the chat area and not have an empty window only showing newly added messages from that point onward. Similar when you jump positions forward or backward in a video.
Also, maybe clear chat history when you select an earlier time on the progress bar, so that chat text from the future doesn't get appended by older chat text
Yeah there som issues with jumping about a vod like that, I'll consider a prefill, but I doubt we'll add one
Liminaly wrote:
ps. Sticking to the standard twitch chat width would also be a great to keep the feel the same, especially with "emote art", same for the text font and color.
I'll look at whats different and consider changes.
BarryCarlyon

Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:50 am

BarryCarlyon wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:38 am

I'm just gonna update and remove !enter all together
This is done now