Tokens Reset

Post here if you are having trouble with something.
DragonHamster9000

Fri May 25, 2018 9:37 am

Hello

My tokens keep resetting to 1578 no matter how long I watch. Sometimes, they advance to 1580 or 1581 but then they reset again.

I recently changed my name on Twitch - not account - only name change from susanbinks to DragonHamster9000. I think my tokens were at 1577 when I switched over.

My status was invisible, but I changed so it now shows online. I was able to see my name in chat, though?

I disconnected all Cohhilition stuff from Twitch and reconnected. Logged out and logged back in.

What other steps should I take to make sure my tokens advance?

I usually watch broadcasts on YouTube later, so I don't check tokens much, but I watched all Pillars of Eternity Deadfire on Twitch and I don't think I received any tokens because of the invisible thing? I get that now, but didn't know then. I rarely get to watch live and it makes me sad to miss out on the tokens.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
BarryCarlyon

Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 am

DragonHamster9000 wrote:
I disconnected all Cohhilition stuff from Twitch and reconnected. Logged out and logged back in.
You do not need to do this. You never need to have logged into anything Cohhilition in order to gain tokens. Those links are just for logging into the forums and other Cohhilition sites and actually have nothing to do with Tokens!
DragonHamster9000 wrote:
My status was invisible, but I changed so it now shows online. I was able to see my name in chat, though?
DragonHamster9000 wrote:
I don't think I received any tokens because of the invisible thing?
That would of been the issue.
DragonHamster9000 wrote:
What other steps should I take to make sure my tokens advance?
Stream Chat needs to be visible/writable to. If chat is collapsed, closed, or you Full Screen the stream without Chat open in another window, then chat will tend to disconnect and you will NOT show in the viewers list.
DragonHamster9000

Fri May 25, 2018 3:58 pm

Watched all stream today and still shows 1578.
BarryCarlyon

Fri May 25, 2018 5:05 pm

You need to have the chat visible or open in another window (if you watch full screen).

You can check to see if you are showing in chat by pressing the "list" icon below chat.

The system is working fine, I just can't see you in the stream chat in order to assign you tokens.
DragonHamster9000

Fri May 25, 2018 6:32 pm

Thank you and I'm so sorry. Not just visible in chat and leave, but chat open the whole time? I understand. I can't do that, but I understand now. Chat is way too distracting to leave open and I always watch fullscreen. Okay. I get it now. Not going to use tokens then. Thanks for your time.
BarryCarlyon

Sat May 26, 2018 7:40 am

Sadly it's the only way we can see if you are "here" is by your presence in chat.

As an alternative open https://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage/chat in another window and the connection to chat should be maintained.
DragonHamster9000

Sat May 26, 2018 9:11 am

Thank you, Barry. As soon as I get the new computer set up, I will try that.

Right now my Memory & GPU are tapped over 90% watching at 1080 and I have to have everything else closed to keep the quality. Second system will be beefier. Maybe using Firefox over Chrome would help on memory?

It's not like I use tokens, it's just a fun little thing and I can finally watch live sometimes so I was confused when it wasn't the same as before. Change confuses me, but I'm glad for the progress.

You do so much for the stream and the community, Barry, I appreciate your taking the time on this.

Thank you.
BarryCarlyon

Sat May 26, 2018 10:02 am

DragonHamster9000 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 9:11 am
It's not like I use tokens, it's just a fun little thing and I can finally watch live sometimes so I was confused when it wasn't the same as before. Change confuses me, but I'm glad for the progress.
Change?

Everyone's currency systems work the same across twitch, the only way it can score is based on "whom is in chat", since theres no actual "who is watching the stream" data.
DragonHamster9000

Sat May 26, 2018 10:17 am

I say "Change" only because I never have chat open. Not ever. Too visually distracting.

Somewhere along the way, I picked up 1500 tokens the past three years without chat open, so I figured something had changed. I don't know how things work on Twitch and this is one of two streams I actually watch, so I'm probably wrong to say change. I have no idea how I got tokens without chat open.

Not intending to create an issue on something I don't understand.

Thanks again for your help. I won't bother you any further.
BarryCarlyon

Sat May 26, 2018 12:57 pm

No problem! Just wanted to check what you meant! :cohhGG:
DragonHamster9000

Sat May 26, 2018 2:41 pm

Oh, cool. I don't even know how I got to 1500, frankly.

New system hooked up and bossing the stream and old system gets to have the chat specific link you gave me open in its own Firefox window while I do work in Chrome - BINGO!

Tokens moving up steadily now. Holy cow, +1600. Thank you.

Looks like everything is working great. Thanks again. :cohhGV: